Advice on lenses for Nikon D80

Name
Nick Sargeant
Edit My Images
Yes
Have just bought a Nikon D80 with Nikon 18-135mm DX and Nikon 70-300 zoom. I was considering selling both. I could buy an immaculate Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX Lens for £50, and was considering also buying a Nikon Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED AF-S DX Lens.

Please tell me if this is daft in your view, and any suggestions you might have. I am new to this as you can probably tell so your advice and opinions would be appreciated!

If you're looking for a good 'kit' lens go for the Nikon 18-70mm, hard to beat and the IQ is great for the price.

It's the Nikon 70-300mm f/4-5.6G what do you think?

It will say VR in red on the lens barrel in red

I would say that you probably do have the VR one,
I was thinking of getting that lens meself, would be interested in knowing why you don't feel its good enough

I also bought the D80 kit with 18-135, and ive got to say the 18-135 is the worst lens ive used, it has no character, doesnt produce any really good images and i couldnt wait to get rid of mine!

The 18-70 is the much better choice, also check out the Sigmas (17-70 / 24-70) Ive got the 24-70 f/2.8 and its awesome!

I would also say the first thing you should buy is the Nikon 50mm f/1.8. You can get them for under £70 and its an outstanding piece of glass, ridiculously sharp and more character than you can shake a really big stick at.
(y)

Back