Advice please re:"White skies"

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
I have been looking at the brilliant sets of aircraft photos on here, and quite frankly, mine are just not up to the mark to post here. The problem is, that I have some old 35mm negs which I have to scan, and I have some more recent shots (The last two months), which have been taken with my Sony Alpha 700. The problem is (And this is going to sound like a bad excuse), over the last two months, the weather has been pretty awful. The Bleriot replica flypast at Dover was cancelled at the last moment (I got there at 5.30 on the Sunday, just as they were making an announcement), and every time I go to Rochester (my local airfield), there seems to be a grey, featureless sky. The Rochester celebration was not advertised very well in the local press, and my only warning was when a P51D screamed over our house at a very low level, and proceeded to do twenty minutes of aerobatics over the airfield, which is two miles away.
Will I have to be more organised in my approach, or is it largely a matter of luck with the weather?

Andy.

I think it's luck with weather. However. if you see photos taken on the same day at the same event as you, and they don't have white sky, then it could be you. They may have changed the sky in PS. Mostly down to the weather though.

I think it's luck with weather. However. if you see photos taken on the same day at the same event as you, and they don't have white sky, then it could be you. They may have changed the sky in PS. Mostly down to the weather though.

Thanks, it could be the weather, because there were no other photographers around at Rochester when I was there.
I will just have to get in a few shows next year, and get some serious static practice in at places like Duxford or Old Warden.

Back