Advice re Cokin filters for 10mm-20mm

Edit My Images
Yes
I am intending on purchasing the Cokin system of filters to use mainly in respect of landscape photography. I own a Nikon D50 and will on occassions be using a Sigma 10-20 lens.

I have done a search through the forums and one thread in particular...

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8334&highlight=cokin

...warns of using the 'P' holder in conjunction with a wide angle lens such as this one. My query is would the Z-Pro eliminate any vignetting on this lens.

Finally does anybody have a decent reliable supplier they have used?

Any pointers welcome.

Bob

I believe the Z-PRO does eliminate the Ultra Wide problems with vignetting although I only have the P myself.

Loobylin's Shop as described in the Suppliers thread sell a huge range of Filters and Holders.

Double_Agent said:
I believe the Z-PRO does eliminate the Ultra Wide problems with vignetting although I only have the P myself.

Loobylin's Shop as described in the Suppliers thread sell a huge range of Filters and Holders.

I would love the Lee system, but for the price of a couple of Lee filters I can pretty much equip myself in the Cokin dept. Although I keep reading buy the best you can afford etc in other threads.

Have you been happy with your stuff from Cokin?

As always, buy the best you can afford but you have to ask yourself sometimes whether one system can do the same as another at a fraction of the cost and still produce the results desireable.

I only purchased mine a couple of weeks ago specifically for a holiday so I could do some Seascape long "ish" exposures during the day and/or some waterfall shots.

It all seems robust enough for my heavy fingers and the filters themselves seem strong. How they live up to grime/cleaning I couldnt comment on at the moment.

I have a kood holder for my 10-20 which I've cut down so it only holds one filter at a time and that sorts out any vignetting problems.

Back