Advice

Glass before body is the usual recommendation, particularly as the step up between Canon xxxxD and xxxD bodies isn't that much. Unless you're already shooting with L's or Zeiss.

12mp is plenty. Stick some quality glass on it to get the biggest advantage.

He said I was at the limit of my body.

He's trying to get money out of you :)

You would be better spending on good lenses, it will make more of a difference.

And you can transfer them to a new body eventually.

I was in a camera shop this morning and I was advised to think about a body upgrade before lenes as I'm limited to 12 mp

12mp would be more than enough to print at A4 or even A3, unless you're cropping into your image regularly.

They just want a sale by the sound of it

12mp would be more than enough to print at A4 or even A3, unless you're cropping into your image regularly.

They just want a sale by the sound of it

8mp is enough for A3 :D and I'm sure it's possible with less mp's too. As for A4, I have whole image prints that look very nice to me from a camera less than 2mp.

It's what goes on inside your head that determines how serious you are about your photography - not what you hold in your hands.

The best way to assess whether spending money is worthwhile is to unemotionally analyse what it is you cannot achieve using your current kit that you would like to achieve. Direct your funds accordingly.

I get decent shots from a Zorki 4K.

It's the photographer, not the camera.

He said I was at the limit of my body.

From that I assume you were asking him about your health ;)

Makes more sense than if it turned up in a conversation about photography.

The 1100 is a very good camera. If the guys at the shop had any sense they'd try and sell you some lenses.

hi buddy i love my 11ood the guy is full of it if you ask me,keep your camera and enjoy it to the max and in a few years time up grade by all means up grade you lens kit ,90% of the time the camera will only be as good as the lens thats on it and the person using it

I have been happy with the eos 1100d

End of thread then.

You don't need a new body, you feel you need one cos some salesman wants a commission and you want to appear "pro".

The 1100d can and will do everything you want it too, if anyone laughs at you or comments about you owning it, then these are the kind of people who are probably useless at everything and buy the biggest and best to compensate. They probably also have tiny penises.

Lenses will improve your photography,learning the art will improve your photography, buying a body for more megapixels will definitely not improve your photography.

( They probably also have tiny penises. ):LOL:(y)

Back