Advise needed please

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Ive been asked to go along with a pro photographer who is a friend of a friend to a fashion show at the Savoy Hotel next week. He asked me because he had a spare ticket and knew i was into my photography and would be great experience for me.
I don't really want to walk in blind and ask him a million questions regarding settings etc and also want to be prepared with the right lens's etc.
Can anyone be kind enough to pass on any advice or tips please. Would be very much appreciated :)

I see you got an D3s,camera should be ok :D,depend on what lens you have.

Do you want to shoot flash,or are you going for available light.

Lens I would take 24-70mm F2.8 and my 80-200mm F2.8

Almost impossible to offer meaningful advice - without being there. :bang:
Take a 24-70 and a 70-200mm + SB900 - and you're covered.
If only you could buy knowledge as easily as buying cameras.

Last edited:
I see you got an D3s,camera should be ok :D,depend on what lens you have.

Do you want to shoot flash,or are you going for available light.

Lens I would take 24-70mm F2.8 and my 80-200mm F2.8

Almost impossible to offer meaningful advice - without being there. :bang:
Take a 24-70 and a 70-200mm + SB900 - and you're covered.
If only you could buy knowledge as easily as buying cameras.

Your right, was just hoping for a bit of heads up if anyone has done catwalk stuff etc.

Lens selection i had in mind was going to be the 24-70 and 70-200 along with the SB900. Im hoping to use the available light and use the flash before and after if i get the chance for close ups etc, but not the catwalk stuff.

Thank you both for replying, as any advice will be more than helpful (y)

It really depends on the status of the show - and if it's well lit or not. If it's nicely lit - then available is the way to go - if it's not then fashion can look quite good with direct hard flash. Get a position at the end of the catwalk if you can - so that you are facing the models as they come down the walk. Good luck!

It really depends on the status of the show - and if it's well lit or not. If it's nicely lit - then available is the way to go - if it's not then fashion can look quite good with direct hard flash. Get a position at the end of the catwalk if you can - so that you are facing the models as they come down the walk. Good luck!

Thank you Andrew, will keep all that in mind (y)

If it turn out a lot of photographers,are their being pro they are going to grab the best positions,you could alway tried something different,as you said shoot in available light,try and get the feel of the show,maybe some candid :)

Anyway good luck,and have a good day

If the pros are in the 'best positions' that's because they know that's where you get the best pictures. So that's where you go too. Why would you want second best?

Back