Advise on Kenko converter please

raythefab

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone tell me if the Kenko 2.0x pro DG teleconvertor will be ok with the 350D and the canon 70-300 F4/5.6 IS USM please,it says on the specification that the Exposure Magnification of Kenko PRO 300 AF 2x Teleconverter is Approx. 2 stops is that double HELP Please thank you ...Ray:)

Can anyone tell me if the Kenko 2.0x pro DG teleconvertor will be ok with the 350D and the canon 70-300 F4/5.6 IS USM please,it says on the specification that the Exposure Magnification of Kenko PRO 300 AF 2x Teleconverter is Approx. 2 stops is that double HELP Please thank you ...Ray:)

Ray,

You won't have AF available for starters but I really think you'd be pushing your lens beyond the limit for acceptable IQ. The 2x T/C's are pretty destrctive and highlight all the weaknesses....I don't even use mine on a 70-200/2.8L IS for this reason. 1.4x may be workable but the 2x becomes a bit of a lottery except on long primes.

All IMHO.....

Bob

Bob i have the 1.4x it is ok but i wanted to go longer, so your advise would be dont would it Bob i need to know before i buy thanks...Ray:)

Bob i have the 1.4x it is ok but i wanted to go longer, so your advise would be dont would it Bob i need to know before i buy thanks...Ray:)

Sorry Ray but I don't think you'd be happy. My personal opinion is that cropping a 1.4x acquired image will be better than a 2x on all but the highend glass.

Bob

I've tried a Kenko 2x with my Tamron 28-300 at full reach on my 30D and it seems to give better results than cropping.

The main problem is getting high enough shutter speed for the 600mm length when the aperture has been reduced by two stops

I've tried a Kenko 2x with my Tamron 28-300 at full reach on my 30D and it seems to give better results than cropping.

The main problem is getting high enough shutter speed for the 600mm length when the aperture has been reduced by two stops
Are you saying that the results are better than cropping from the naked lens or cropping from a 1.4x produced image.....there's a big difference !
I would fully expect a naked lens cropped to the equivalent of a 2x would be worse but a 1.4x cropped to a 2x....I have my doubts.

Bob

Back