AEB setting in canon30d

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello I am not sure if I have a problem or not, I was perusing the menu and I noticed my AEB setting was not on the 0 standard setting, I have tried to get it to go back on to the 0 but to no avail, have followed instructions in the manual, maybe I am not seeing things right :0
This is what it is set to when I switch on....
PICT0004.jpg

If it's like the 40D, once you've selected AEB, press the set button, move the dial to the setting you desire then press set again.

You got AEB set to 0 (otherwise there'd be three marks underneath the scale, and this resets every time you turn the camera off) and Exposure Compensation set to +2/3 of a stop

If it's the same as the 400d then you've got your Exposure Compensation set to +2/3. You use that to set the mid-point of the AEB and then the +/- bits are set the way you've been trying to adjust.

Come out of the menu and back to the normal shooting mode - half press the shutter and then press Av on the body back and dial down back to 0.

You got AEB set to 0 (otherwise there'd be three marks underneath the scale, and this resets every time you turn the camera off) and Exposure Compensation set to +2/3 of a stop

Spot on, the mark on the scale is indicating the mid point of your bracketing the other 2 shots will be 1 either side of this. Just set your EC back to zero and all will be well.

If like the 40D, the 30D has the Off, On and third posistion (shaped like an L).
have a look at your exposure setting on the top LCD and I bet it is showing it as the same posistion as it is under AEB.

If I am correct it's because you don't have the exposure set to 0.

While everybody is correct in say you have Exposure Compensation set, that would not be my big worry.

Where is all the other info, like quality and red-eye settings :LOL: :LOL:

DSCF0842.jpg

While everybody is correct in say you have Exposure Compensation set, that would not be my big worry.

It all disappears once you've pressed enter to change one the settings - at least it does on mine

If all else fails, and you have not made any (intentional) custom settings I think if you reset the camera to it's default setting if should go back to 0.

Al

Thanks for all the replies, I am going to go through them tomorrow night when I get in from work, have just woke up on the sofa and need my bed.
Again much appreciated for the replies.
Shorn

If it's the same as the 400d then you've got your Exposure Compensation set to +2/3. You use that to set the mid-point of the AEB and then the +/- bits are set the way you've been trying to adjust.

Come out of the menu and back to the normal shooting mode - half press the shutter and then press Av on the body back and dial down back to 0.

Spot on :) I would never of figured it out, thanks again :)

DSCF0842.jpg

Not sure what you mean, but I always shoot in RAW, and I have never needed to put the red/eye mode on.

Back