Aerial piccie from Snowdon

Edit My Images
Yes
Took this picture on my hubbies 40th as we flew over Snowdon. Must admit I am foxed on how to improve this picture but I know there is something here .....Aarrrhhhh feel free to give it a go

snowdon.jpg

I'd be tempted to crop it portrait style, centre section only... Gives it almost a different planet feel to it...

First of all, this is awesome!

Secondly, can we see an uncropped version?

The first thing I would say to improve it is to darken the area to the top right; the area that appears to be a reflection in the glass. Otherwise, I really like it. Oh, perhaps clone out the water at the very bottom... doesn't add anything to the shot imho.

Firstly I'd say what a great view and experience you must have had. One of those occasions when the camera is 'pushed' to do it justice.

I love the tones in the valley (lower right) but what about about a top left 1/4 crop ?

Shooting into the sun from an aircraft always raises the problem of flare which sadly affects the right hand side of this image. It is a great shame as I love it exactly as it is and further cropping would take something away from it imo.

I would not crop out the water in the bottom as you a nice "curve" going on at the bottom of the frame and it is a feature that was there; this said I would be trying remove the worst of that little highlight on the right hand side of the lake witha wee bit of PP.

Good effort and wonderful scene. (y)

That is stunning, seeing it in person must've been an awesome experience!

Here is the picture straight out of the camera for Woodsy
snowdon-158-2.jpg

Thanks for all your comments, it was a fantastic experience don't think I have ever flown this high before?

Lovely view of Dyffryn Nantlle, Yr Eifl and the hills of Penrhyn Llyn. What altitude was this at?

Back