AF Light misbehaving

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
On my 5D... it looks as though each AF light is partially illuminated on the right hand side point and non are illuminated on the left :thinking: And I swear the centre AF point was flashing well below the actual marked position yesterday but was too busy having to photograph rather than investigate fully, so this has got me thinking if something has shifted which may result in the odd behaviour I'm seeing today???

I have no idea where in the camera the actual illumination occurs - Is it between the focus screen and the viewfinder?

It's not too much of a pain because it still focuses fine but it is a bit of a bugger when it comes to selecting a particular point... I'd rather investigate first to see if it's a simple fix before sending off the camera for repair you see! So any tips or experiences (or even just comments) on the matter would be appreciated!

ta!

Ads

Hi Chris,

Thanks for pointing me to your thread - sorry to hear you're having the same problem :| One replier mentioned about a partial failure of the illumination panel/points which is what I'm thinking, although hoping it won't be!

I'll subscribe to your thread just to see if anyone comes up with anything on yours - but if not I'll send it off to lehmans, one thing for sure I know it aint gonna be cheap

i live near Lehmanns so on my next day off i'll pop down and have a word with them.

Back