AF Points

Edit My Images
No
Hi all, I hope someone can help me with a problem that has occurred with my camera, please....... I have the Canon 550D & it has been problem free since I bought it of a TP member over a year ago, but now I can't see the AF lights when I look through the viewfinder, when I point the camera at a black background I can see that the lights haven't disappeared completely but are very faint, although the three bottoms points are quite blurred also. I must add, that this problem literally started overnight & also, despite not seeing the lights, the camera is still focussing.
I have googled this problem but I haven't come up with any answers either

I'm not specifically sure in regards to your camera model but it may well be worth checking to ensure the focus screen in the prism area is all held in nice and tight by the spring assembly because under that lot is the copper etched AF light layer. If that's struggling with a good connection it may explain your symptoms.

Sorry for not getting back to this sooner. I had tried the battery option but it didn't change anything but thx for replying Simon. Sam your suggestion sounds spot on as I am currently having that very part repaired. I was at the photovision roadshow last week and a guy said it needed a new screen fitting so I am eagerly awaiting it's return, thx for replying also.

Diopter adjustment? blurring suggests that you may have knocked it out of whack.

Sam your suggestion sounds spot on as I am currently having that very part repaired. I was at the photovision roadshow last week and a guy said it needed a new screen fitting so I am eagerly awaiting it's return, thx for replying also.

No problem, glad my thoughts tie in with what they say. Hopefully it shall be returned all fixed for you to enjoy again.

Back