AF tracking on 1D mkiii

Edit My Images
No
Hi all

Just got my new 1D mkiii, well new to me, trouble is i cant get it to track a subject while shooting in bursts, when i got the camera it had been reset to factory settings, is there a setting that i need to change, i,ve read through the section of the manual dealing with AF but i cant seem to find anything that needs changing.

A1 servo and continuous, in one shot mode and a static object the images are perfect, problems are only with moving objects.

Last edited:
What focus spot is it set to, central, one on the outside or the one that 'guesses' (if a 1D has that). What happens, does it just not lock the focus on the subject? I.e goes from background to the subject constantly etc? Tried with more than one lens?

set on central point, focuses for first photo, then as subject moves it loses focus, 3 lenses tried

are you holding the shutter down for burst or releasing then repressing?

see if it works with the focus on the AF-ON button (C.Fn IV: Operation/Others menu) - Shutter button/AF-ON button option set to 2

Wasn't there an issue with some 1D Mk3 models auto focus tracking when it was released?

If you've got it all set right and you're tracking the subjects well (and lets not be hasty, Af is an area where it's easy to go wrong), I'd be contacting the seller to ask them about it.

holding it down for bursts, i'll try the AF on button, cheers

Last edited:
what is the first 4 numbers of the seriel number, there was issues with some numbers

Hi pick, all ok on that front, 50 to 55 thousand had the problems this one is 58 thousands and i had it given a quick once over by my local camera repairer

I've got a PDF file that Canon issued a couple of years back that details the various settings and custom functions available to get the best out of AIServo tracking.....PM me your email address if you want it (it's 9 Mb)

Bob

I've got a PDF file that Canon issued a couple of years back that details the various settings and custom functions available to get the best out of AIServo tracking.....PM me your email address if you want it (it's 9 Mb)

Bob

Bob,

I know this is a little 'from the dead' but I don't suppose you still have said email by any chance

Have reset my 1D due to children stuffing up the settings

Yes, still got it. PM me your email address and I'll send it.

Bob

Would it be possible to have a copy of that as well Bob please.

Back