African song and drums....in York !

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
I spent a couple of hours in York on Sunday afternoon intent on getting some street candids but didn't really get anything decent.
Anyway, further on I could hear the beating of African drums and came across this superb band. I watched them for about 20 minutes, but I could easily have stopped all day if I'd had time. The sound of the drums, and harmonies from their voices was so uplifting - they put on a real show. Absolutely superb !

Well, pictures can't really do them justice, but I hope these capture a little bit of their performance.

York2.jpg

York3.jpg

York4.jpg

York5.jpg

York6.jpg

York7.jpg

York8.jpg

York9.jpg

As you can hopefully tell, it really looked like they were enjoying themselves as much as the audience. It was such a pleasure to watch and a change from the usual.

Rich

#3 top notch! (y)

I think you managed to capture the mood well. Must've been tricky to correctly expose :)

They are good real good shots, and you caught them enjoying themselves (comes across really well) (y)

#4 works best for me due to the great lighting and composition

I saw this troupe giving a performance at Chester zoo last month. These photo's made me remember their music and energy.

Top notch captures all of them, well done. (y)

Thanks everyone - people type shots aren't my usual thing but I just couldn't ignore these people :). They were that good.

I think you managed to capture the mood well. Must've been tricky to correctly expose :)

Yes Cheryl, it was. The band members were moving in and out of shadow, with quite harsh sunlight at times. If you check the men's shirts out you'll see that the colours change in some shots slightly (eg the last 2) - thats cos I got the white balance wrong on some. I did adjust WB in RawShooter - but I mainly did this till the colours looked nice to me - sometimes that meant that the WB setting I chose changed on some shots.

Cheers,
Rich (y)

I saw this troupe giving a performance at Chester zoo last month. These photo's made me remember their music and energy.

Top notch captures all of them, well done. (y)

Yup, glad someone else has seen them. I loved them :)
Just gonna book our hols to Africa !

Back