After a shoulder bag

Name
Sam Murphy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

I'm after a compact shoulder bag as basically a lightweight carryaround to just grab and go.

I've got a Lowepro backpack for carting all my gear (battery pack, spare lens etc..) about normally but wanted something that will literally carry just my D90 body and Siggy 24-70 attached.

If anyone has any recommendations that would be great.

Tamrac Velocity series (a sling-style bag) are good, I have the large-ish 9x which can hold a body with 80-200/70-200 size lens attached, plenty of room either side for bits and pieces or even a bottle of water, plus front zip pocket.

one of the tamrac holster bags would probably suit what you need

however i'd reccomend the tenba shoulder bag, you don't have to load it up fully and it's just the best bag i've ever used tbqfh :)

Crumpler Muffin Top 5500 should do the trick.
Got one to carry the GF1 round in plus my butties and other bits.

Crumpler Muffin Top 5500 should do the trick.
Got one to carry the GF1 round in plus my butties and other bits.

:plus1:

Also has the benefit of NOT looking like a camera bag!

Barney

:plus1:

Also has the benefit of NOT looking like a camera bag!

Barney

thats why i like it.
Doesnt stand out.

Slingshot 100 would also do the trick.
Got one of the those when i had the D80. Great as long as you dont overload em. SLingshot 300 was great but full of kit became a pain after a while.

i like the look of crumpler, so on my wish list. already have a slingshot lowepro, but want something more normal bag looking to probably carry body with lens, extra lens and flash. which crumpler would be good for this?

i like the look of crumpler, so on my wish list. already have a slingshot lowepro, but want something more normal bag looking to probably carry body with lens, extra lens and flash. which crumpler would be good for this?

Hard to say since Crumpler sizing doesn't really make any sense.
The Muffin Top 5500 would probably take a body with something like a 50mm prime, enough room then to stand a 70-300 upright and then squeeze a flash in as long as you could point the flash head vertical.
Best bet is to try and find a dealer who has lots to try.

i'd say the tenba's look less camera bag ish than the crumplers imho but that's just my 2p :)

i saw a couple of crumplers at bristol LCE show and was shocked how small the inside area were, very snug for any kit

Lots of people use Lowepro, do the Crumplers provide sufficient protection as i quite like the look and would probably keep my kit in it all the time

Back