After some inspiration from Edinburgh Gary...

Name
Danny
Edit My Images
No
I'm looking at purchasing some filters, I have a Sony A300 with various lenses but for landscaping I mainly use the kit lens which is the 18-70mm f/3.5-f/4.6. The filter size is 55mm.

I went to Jessops in the Trafford Centre last night, armed with my debit card and a childish, excited look on my face. To my dissapointment, they didn't have any 55mm ND filters suited.

This morning I took a look on Warehouse Express and there's nothing much there either.

What sites do you guys use for purchasing filters?

Also, I spotted an ND filter earlier on Amazon.co.uk which was a Panasonic one for the Lumix but the diameter was 55mm.... do you think this will be cheap material or possibly a viable option?

Cheers guys (y)

I'm looking at purchasing some filters, I have a Sony A300 with various lenses but for landscaping I mainly use the kit lens which is the 18-70mm f/3.5-f/4.6. The filter size is 55mm.

I went to Jessops in the Trafford Centre last night, armed with my debit card and a childish, excited look on my face. To my dissapointment, they didn't have any 55mm ND filters suited.

This morning I took a look on Warehouse Express and there's nothing much there either.

What sites do you guys use for purchasing filters?

Also, I spotted an ND filter earlier on Amazon.co.uk which was a Panasonic one for the Lumix but the diameter was 55mm.... do you think this will be cheap material or possibly a viable option?

Cheers guys (y)

Try speedgraphic. They have lots of filters in stock and are great to deal with. I have bought all my Lee stuff there. They also do all the other makes.

Chris :)

Personally I go for Cokin P sized filters instead, and buy differnt adapters for my lenses. :)

Do you mean ND or ND Grad?

If it's ND, then screw in ones are better, to eliminate light leak. Also, cover the viewfinder to prevent light leaking around the piggy-back mirror and casuing streaking on some cameras.

B+W make the only heavy NDs commonly available, in +6 stops and +10 stops, but they seem hard to get sometimes. Apart from Warehouse Express, www.robertwhite.co.uk stock quite a lot, and our friend kerso on here also sells them. PM him for a price.

NB I see Robert White has the ten stopper in stock £34.

Back