After Sunset (St Marys Lighthouse - 56k)

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Sunset was about 4pm, all these are shot after that and all in order of shooting.
Exif is included in shots.....

_MG_4893%20copy.jpg

_MG_4897%20copy.jpg

_MG_4898%20copy.jpg

_MG_4911%20copy.jpg

Can't help the colour of the lighthouse in this shot, as the guys who have previously posted from here mentioned, it changes colour red and blue.....not sure if it goes green too?
3min 19sec exposure.

_MG_4934%20copy.jpg

TFL.
Ken.

Our lovely St Marys Lighthouse is getting some "exposure" lately:clap:.
Maybe one day I could nip down and take shots as good as these ones, got all the gear, just need the expertise.
Mmmm, maybe.:(
1 and 4 I really like, shame about about the colour of the lighthouse in 5 .

Looking at these i get plenty of inspriration, if only i could do as good.
Love them(y)

great shots have camped next to here in my pre slr days must go up again love the area and the people are the best you could hope to meet!

I love the first one, but they are all good. The last shot while great, lacks the colour in the sky, perhaps it was done just too late.
You have the rare element the lots seem to miss on landscape/seascape shots, foreground interest.

hi what settings and equipment set up was used in the first few?? They are fantatsic

Thanks guys appreciate the feedback...

hi what settings and equipment set up was used in the first few?? They are fantatsic

Shot these with the 17-55 with varying shutter speeds from 30sec up to over 3mins. The exif is included in each shot.
HTH.
Thanks again.
Ken.

No 2 for me, classic composition, with a good sky, all the elements coming together in a very satisfactory whole.

What more can you want ?

Good work :)

lovely shots mate, 2 and 3 are my favorites.

I cant pick a fav, only No4 is out of place for me.. too conventional, the rest are lovely.. and the colour of the lighthouse is nice too.. well done.. well composed and executed..

I agree with everyone, stunning shots. Well done (y)

No1 and 2 for me I think as its hard choosing :thinking:

usual high quality Ken (y)

No. 4 for me. These are beautiful shots. This is something I want to do but i've got to find a location. Truely great pics.

Absolutely stunning. Love to try some of these long exposures but there's nowhere near me that isn't dotted with streetlights or loads of traffic..... Had trouble deciding which I liked best finally decided on No. 4.

Spot on !!!

Once again you show us how to take great technical photos Ken. The "daytime" shots are absolutely faultless; great detail, lovely lead-in, well exposed. The last shot does lack any colour in the sky which is it's only fault.

Top drawer mate! (y)

Thanks again everyone for the comments....

Were you using a ND filter at all?

I don't think so, as it was getting quite dark rather quickly by that time so don't think I needed them....from memory, though I don't tend to rely on that too often :thinking: :D

Thanks again.
Ken.

Very good series with number 3 at the top of my list.
The night shot is no where near as good as the rest.
Thanks for sharing

Great shooting Ken some class shots there I like the style of the calmness and feeling you have captured bit surreal .

Cheers
Bill

Back