After the worst storm this summer - the sun came out!

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
Wasdale
#1.
TP_DSC0207.JPG

#2.
TP_DSC0215.JPG

#3.
TP_DSC0217.JPG

#4.
TP_DSC0213.JPG

For the purists, sorry I have tweaked the skies in PS Elements 6.
It is now raining again!

Last edited:
Gorgeous, very nice indeed. I like them all. :)

not been up that was for years, forgot how nice it was. really nice photos you got there :)

Beautiful images, all stunning but #3 and #4 would be my pick of the bunch!

The colours and compositions really appeal to me!

Very nice set - lovely colours

Stunning scenery and beautiful photographs to match!

Love the shades of light on the hills.

Very well captured (y)

Neil

I've never been there before but your pics are certainly urging me to go.
Very nice(y)

An excellent set of shots, looks like an absolutely beautifl location. If I had to pick, it would probably be number 4.

#1 and #3 stand out for me, but all are very,very good...........(y)

Love the lot, wonderful colours. I think 1st and last are my favourites though.

Lovely pics..... 1 & 4 are my favourites.

Dave;)

Almost looks like they were painted! Awesome scenery, well done for capturing it so well!

Unmistakably Wasdale. I recognised it before I read your heading. Such a gorgeous place.
1st and 4th shots are tops

Wow! So many replies and thank you all for your comments, a real spur to get out and take some more.
Thanks again.
Donna.

Great Set...got me all excited cos I have rented a cottage there (wasdale) in 2 weeks time :woot:

Any tips on where to go to get such stunning shots?

Really nice set Donna, No. 4 for is my personal fave. The foreground interest just lifts above the others.

Andy

Great Set...got me all excited cos I have rented a cottage there (wasdale) in 2 weeks time :woot:

Any tips on where to go to get such stunning shots?

Hi Ted,

As neither my husband nor I can attack the fell tops any more, we just walk along the road, valley paths or try to brave the foothills of the fells if the paths are not too steep. All shots have to be within easy reach for a pair of "amblers" like us. I would recommend the OS map OL6 to show footpaths etc. And I would recommend visiting the Wasdale Head Inn if you are a real ale lover. Cumbria has some first class "micro" breweries. Wasdale being one of them. Other than Wasdale, I would recommend Crummock Water/Buttermere and Gt.Langdale as being good photographically and away from the main tourist traps

Donna.

Thanks Donna! I'll look into it. Nothing better than mixing ales with good scenery

Hi Donna,

Only just seen your thread as an attachment to another thread on the Nikon lens.

I can only express what everyone has already said: GREAT SHOTS!!!:clap::clap::clap:

all great shots but the last one wins it for me (just)

Back