Aftermarket batteries - are they any good

Edit My Images
Yes
I've seen this for £4.50

PowerPlanet NB-2L, NB-2LH Compatible 900mAh CANON Camera Battery

...for my Canon 400D.

Will it be any good or could it damage the camera?

Are aftermarket batteries any good - certainly cheaper than Canon's £30 equivalent.

(I posted this earlier but can't find the thread)

i get mine from 7 day shop as well although mine are for nikon they work great and cost about 7 quid each rather than the 40+ for official nikon ones

i brought two cheap ones off ebay for around 15 for two just after i brought my d200 no trouble what so ever

I've bought batteries for the Canon 400d from cheekycroc off off ebay for about afiver each delivered. Pretty good life and have had no problems so far - I've got a couple in my grip and a couple of spares (you can never have enough storage or batteries)

I've used cheeky croc on ebay too, I only tend to use them as spares anyway, but so far it has always wrked when I needed it to!

They are "generally as" good. I use them.

However .. you shouldnt get 'em moist. Some of the Canon batteries have sealing around the contacts so that if they get wet they wont get full of water/steam. The cheaper aftermarket ones probably wont.

I've got two aftermarket NB2-LHs from Kerso off ebay and they are great.

IIRC they are double capacity and are around £6 each.

I use the 7day shop ones 2 for under a tenner work well in my 10d 20d and 5d been using them now for a few years never had a set fail, claimed at 1500mah which is better capacity than Canon original(y) no braner for me:wave:

I've bought non-original "dedicated" batteries in the past & they worked fine - I did find that they wouldn't hold charge for quite as long as the originals but they were half the price anyway !!

simon

Do 7dayshop sell the nikon ones for DSLR,s, as i can,t see any on there site :thinking:

Back