Aftermarket Camera Strap

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Any suggestions for a neck strap that can handle a Nikon D3, 70-200, SB800?

The strap that came from the camera is 100% crap. My D200 strap was better. My D70 strap may be better as well. I am looking for something that will add maximum comfort as I have had many sport related neck injuries.

Here is what I found:

http://www.kata-bags.com/Item.asp?pid=406&cid=36&perentId=4&ProdLine=4

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

What you really need is one of these ... TP Neck Strap

These do a superb jobby and are uber-cool and very reasonably priced ... :D ... You just need to start another bulk order thread ... :shrug:

:p

What you really need is one of these ... TP Neck Strap

These do a superb jobby and are uber-cool and very reasonably priced ... :D ... You just need to start another bulk order thread ... :shrug:

:p

I do hope this happens soon, I could do with another one :D

There's no denying Kata products are quality; I have the R-103 bag and will be getting the HB-205 plus trolley this Friday...

Andy Rouse recommended the Optechs to me and they are very strong, durable and also make the equipment feel significantly lighter whilst round your neck..

Having looked at your Kata link, I personally feel I could undo the quick release quicker on my Optech straps. Just my opinion though :)

Having looked at your Kata link, I personally feel I could undo the quick release quicker on my Optech straps. Just my opinion though :)

Point well taken.

Id say you can unstrap in 50% less time than a KATA? So we're talking 3seconds instead of maybe 6?

I did consider the contsruction of the quick release on the OpTech...have they ever come undone by accident? It seems that this may occur - especially if you just strapped it back on and it didnt click all the way in.

I dont know, just being critical. It's hard to know which one is best until you put both around your neck!

Thanks!

Personally I haven't had a problem with the Optech. LOADDDDSSSSS have been sold on here, with the Talk Photography label on them, so I'm sure you'll get quite a few replies on here with feedback.

Re speed, I can't say without looking at the Kata one and comparing them side by side. By looking at them both through links I'd feel safer with the Optech one, and if they're good enough for someone with the calibre of Andy Rouse then it says it all really.

As you say, it really is best if you have both in front of you, in an ideal world, but hey, who says the world is ideal!

Another thumbs up for Optech - 1DMkii + flash + 24-70 or 70-200 is a heavy combo, and it's still comfy with the Optech. Having said that I have a Kata bag, and it's a top quality bag. Probably best for you to try to try them both. . .

Optech again here! I've actually had my A700 with grip and Sigma 50-500 slung over my shoulder and it felt very secure (and quite light!) (y)

I find my optech strap very comfortable.

Not a fan of the Optechs, but I have a nice neoprene Lowepro jobby.

My Optech strap has my 30D + 70-200 f2.8 swinging from it most days. Neither the strap nor my neck has shown any wear (yet)

Not swinging too much I hope? Could do someone else an injury with that :LOL:

My Optech strap has my 30D + 70-200 f2.8 swinging from it most days. Neither the strap nor my neck has shown any wear (yet)

My strap arrived OK and fitted to camera. I haven't been out with it yet as too busy at work today. Only comment is I am not too convinced at Optech instructions for attaching the strap. I feel sure that Nikon's instructions for attaching their strap (which is the same fitting) would give an attachment which is less likely to slide. Nikon threads the end of the strap back into the back of the buckle instead of the front, and the retaining eyelet is fitted the camera side of the buckle rather than the free strap end. Anyone any experience or comments on this?

Back