Agfa Optima Sensor 1035 & Fuji Superia 200.

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I bought this little pocket RF camera on ebay last week ... for a fiver :p!

AJH_5085_BW_02.jpg

To test it, I quickly blasted through a roll of colour ISO 200 and got my local lab to do the honours. In defence of the camera, its metering is truly excellent and every one of the 36 exposures was 'useable' :). On the downside though, accurate framing is all but impossible with this camera :(, despite its enormous VF and thick white lines. Also, focusing with only three pictograms for guidance is just the kind of 'lucky dip' approach that matches the framing :|.

In short, I hate the camera :LOL:, but thought that I might as well post some shots from it so that buying it wasn't a total waste of time and money.

All of these have been further cropped and piddled around with. If nothing else, you can see what the 40mm f/2.8 lens in this camera can produce :|.

Scan_012.jpg

Scan_035.jpg

Scan_034.jpg

Scan_023.jpg

Scan_017.jpg

#5 is stunning and shows just what can be achieved by squeezing the very best results possible from older, forgotten or neglected cameras.

You've got some great images for disposable camera money - what a result!

Please could you add something in this thread about your super little Agfa and the results you got from it?

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=371332

Many thanks

Last edited:
I've been drawn to these wee Agfas, but not tried one yet.. they have a charm. Glad to see they work as well as they look.

If you really don't like it.. .. .. ;)

Its a camera in a very similar vein to the oly trip- small, compact but with a good quality lens on it for good pictures once you get the hang of zone focusing. The last one is rather atmospheric!

Its a camera in a very similar vein to the *l* *ri*- small, compact but with a good quality lens on it for good pictures once you get the hang of zone focusing. The last one is rather atmospheric!

Don't say that!

Let the hip-crowd run up the price for a *l* *ri*, and let the rest of us get the bargains they overlook.

Hi everyone and thanks for all of the replies.

I must admit I was very harsh on this poor little camera yesterday, simply because I'd had a bad week at work and (as you might even have guessed :naughty:) I'd had a few beers when I posted my rant.

Anyway, there's really nothing much wrong the camera, just the stroppy, over-expectant owner :D.

Its a camera in a very similar vein to the oly trip- small, compact but with a good quality lens on it for good pictures once you get the hang of zone focusing. The last one is rather atmospheric!

Indeed, it is a little similar to the Trip - moreso than I realised when I bought it.

I thought that the aperture ring would allow me to chose the aperture (like having a Minolta CLE :)), which is what appealed to me, but after I got it I discovered that the aperture ring was only to be used with a flash gun attached (to balance the exposure). This means that the camera shoots in Program mode, but even so, it doesn't appear to stop down the lens to improve DOF when you select the furthest focal point - even in bright daylight.

Boo hoo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back