agh...30D dead?!

jamesb84

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Damn,

I think my 30D has bitten the dust. I've had a play about with it, with and without battery grip...with two different batteries, changed the internal/date battery...nothing

Not a glimmer of life to it. Not even the flashing red "busy" light when you put a battery in.

:(

Canon have said it'd be £153 plus postage from me to repair it...whadya reckon? Is it worth it?

Has anyone had the same thing happen to them and have any hints or tips?

When was the last time you used it?
Are you absolutely sure your batteries are good?
They die after a while, the battery will show as being fully charged in the charger, but not a sausage in the camera. I've had two which did the same thing within weeks of each other.

When was the last time you used it?
Are you absolutely sure your batteries are good?
They die after a while, the battery will show as being fully charged in the charger, but not a sausage in the camera. I've had two which did the same thing within weeks of each other.

This is what I'm sort of thinking...I bought the camera, grip and a spare battery all at the same time, so if one battery goes...so will the other!

I might try and pick up a battery and see what happens!

Last time used was Sept 28th, was fine as a remote camera. Worked for full 90mins with it being "forced on" by the remote trigger... Both batteries charged Friday night (8th Oct) for a full charge, they were reading as zero when I stuck them in the charger, took about 90mins per battery to charge...nothing, zilch, nada when in the camera.

Last edited:
Also worth trying the battery in another 30d or suitable camera to exclude the camera. Then check the charger itself. If that's duff then it will kill a new battery. It is unlikely that both batteries would die at exactly the same time. I'd be suspecting the charger killed them if they're both dead or the camera is duff....

Back