Air Blowers for cleaning camera "insides"

Edit My Images
Yes
Basically there's a load of dust inside my camera. A bit on the sensor that is coming out in the photos, loads that I can see through the viewfinder, and focusing keeps going wrong with my 70-300mm VR and my kit lens...

I want to use something that will get rid of the worst of it while being risk-free. I'm thinking of buying one of these from Warehouse Express - I can't think of any harmful effects these could have - does anyone know of any?

Thanks,

Ewan

I have to rocket blower, great for blasting out bits of dust. Up to now its all I have used to clean my camera, haven't got the guts to do a Janice just yet :LOL:

OK sounds good - you've never had any problems with it/damaged anything?

No problems, just take the lens off lock the mirror up and blast inside, job done. Use it also for blowing dust, etc of the lenses.

rocket blowers are good. If you get a nylon brush (with no size/paste type stuff on it) you can blast it with the blower and get a slight static charge on it - then it will pick up dust off the viewfinder ground glass screen. just be careful not to touch anything with the metal ferrule that holds the bristles. Oh and don't try it as a sensor brush... just the screen.

No problems, just take the lens off lock the mirror up and blast inside, job done. Use it also for blowing dust, etc of the lenses.

Sounds great :D

Gonna order one from WE now I think along with a new tripod plate. I left the first one in scotland lol. Thanks for your help :)

As already said, they do work well for loose bits of dust Ewan. Imo you'd be hard pressed to damage anything with normal use, although dropping it onto the sensor is usually not a good idea!;):D Well worth having in your kit bag.

You'll only need solution and pads if there is some nasty blob welded onto to your sensor.:puke: Again, even wet cleaning, if done carefully, is not as daunting as some people think.:)

rocket blowers are good. If you get a nylon brush (with no size/paste type stuff on it) you can blast it with the blower and get a slight static charge on it - then it will pick up dust off the viewfinder ground glass screen. just be careful not to touch anything with the metal ferrule that holds the bristles. Oh and don't try it as a sensor brush... just the screen.

The rocket blower will do me for now I think but if I still have problems with dust I'll get a brush. Thanks for your help :)

Thanks Ian :)

Back