[AIR] Full Frontal

Name
Tommy
Edit My Images
No
With RIAT a few days away I have been looking through some shots from last year. Want to get a few frontal shots of aircraft and wondered what other people have got to offer?

I remember a great shot of a Mirage that Huw Hopkins took last year that got me wanting to try similar. Here was my effort anyway. Tried some without the Nav lights in colour and can never decide which I like the best.

F-16-BW-LIGHTS3-XL.jpg

Ok, I'll play. How about a Tiffie!

DSC_8465.jpg

Kev.

I'll see if I can find a full frontal when I get a minute

Last edited:
Why not flying shots?

SALLYBONFINALSbyRobYuill.jpg

SallyB, this was my first published shot and has been used in promo material.

Rob

Last edited:
And some more:

Another B 17 - Pink Lady

DSC02183-110.jpg

Sea Fury

DSC02368-195.jpg

B 25

DSC02355-187.jpg

Bristol Fighter

DSC00740-30.jpg

And lastly a Chinook

Chinook.jpg

They are all really great shots, but the last one of the Reds in simply fantastic.

Wow Rob, those 2 are amazing shots. Never seen a Reds shot quite like that one! The F-15 shot is superb, where were you to get that one??

Many Thanks Tommy and Doug, The picture was taken from the viewing area at RAF Lakenheath in Suffolk just before a huge downpour.

Cheers Rob

Last edited:
Going down on Friday for the day.. can't wait.

Going down on Friday for the day.. can't wait.

Me too :) Getting there late Thursday night and early start Friday :)

Was down there yesterday and there were allready some people hanging around with cameras and binoculars!!

Hope the weather is okay :/ Looking a bit dodgy for the weekend!

I'll be there on Saturday, praying for a nice dry sunny day with perfect light and light wind. No traffic ques and a call from Red10 saying i can ride shot gun.

Oh bugger i've just woken up!

Me too :) Getting there late Thursday night and early start Friday :)

Was down there yesterday and there were allready some people hanging around with cameras and binoculars!!

Hope the weather is okay :/ Looking a bit dodgy for the weekend!

Yeah know the feeling about the weather, should be down there early doors on the Friday camping.

I'll leave a couple here...

4365306932_b397cc3570_o.jpg

5894601851_7ed866e488_o.jpg

heres one from me

4910504694_11086dcc0a_b.jpg

Back