AirBrushing

STARRIDER

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
I have been experimenting on a photo i took on Saturday..
Would be interested to hear your thoughts and crits..

Before
p1968400-4.jpg

After
p270495310-4.jpg

Emmm........She seems to have green lips and crying green tears?!?

The skin work seems to be pretty goodm if a little cold.

Thanks Gary for your comments..glad the skin is ok..:) but the colour!..my eyes are not as good as they used to be it seems..was never very good with colours anyway:(...should have made it mono.:LOL:
Cheers
Dave

Wow..so much better..i see what was meant about the colours:LOL:
What did you do,if you dont mind me asking?

Firstly i got rid of the blemishes marks etc then i slimmed the face very slightly on the left side just to give it a better contour then i applied a skin smoothin plugin to smooth the skin out then i just sharpend the eyes to make them stand out then adjusted the levels all was done in cs2 always happy to help...

Firstly i got rid of the blemishes marks etc then i slimmed the face very slightly on the left side just to give it a better contour then i applied a skin smoothin plugin to smooth the skin out then i just sharpend the eyes to make them stand out then adjusted the levels all was done in cs2 always happy to help...
Thanks Adam..just wondering which plugin you used..;)
Dave

Hi Dave, I couldn't resist a quick play. ;)

Tweaked with curves to lighten it slightly and then did a little of skin smoothing using Photoshop Mama's All Powders Kit

p1968400-4.jpg

If you dont wanna fork out those silly amounts for plug-ins and what not, I found a handy little tutorial on google a couple weeks back. Airbrushing tutorial.

Have fun with that then

However, I do think you have done pretty good on it. Even with the green lips and "tears" :LOL:

Jordie

Hi Ian..Thats great
Thanks for that link,will check it out in a minute..(y)
I have had another go at this lady..:D..hope i did i did better this time..:crying:
p271943899-4.jpg

:help: Im gettin old..gettin me names mixed up..I meant Colin Hacker..not Ian..who is Ian?..:tumbleweed:

If you dont wanna fork out those silly amounts for plug-ins and what not, I found a handy little tutorial on google a couple weeks back. Airbrushing tutorial.

Have fun with that then

However, I do think you have done pretty good on it. Even with the green lips and "tears" :LOL:

Jordie
Thanks Jordie..:D..(y)

No problem Starrider.

I have done a little bit of airbrushing on myself...

Sorry about the before, did a before/after on a different forum.

jordiebladdbefore.jpg

jordiebladd.jpg

Adam's '2min edit' is so detailed, i see millions of what look like holes all over the face in the third photo.

I think Starrider's edit is the better of the four :)

Jordie

Warning, something on that website is infected with a worm. After opening it I started receiving a pop up saying "Your computer is infected". I work with malware and have checked my machine so know it isnt there where the problem is.

I have re-opened the site again, but this time no popups, so it is likely one of the ad's they display is infected. Just a word to the wise

Thanks for warning dm. I had that last night too.

I deffinatly think its one of the ads, as it has never happened before.

My advice would be to work in layers and only apply minimal skin smoothing. Utilize the clone and heal tools. While using masks to work on high grain areas.Many of the shots above in my opinion are over cooked and you loose the grit in the skin.

are these results of a plugin or some technique using photoshop?

I like #1 as the hair has been softened, it looks great!

blimey i must admit, im scared of 1 or 2 of those examples, she seems to have taken on a maniacal look with grey skin.
Im quite a big fan of sodding the subtle and completely cleaning up every mark blemish or shadow.
I apologise if this comes across as offensive as i did not ask permission to do this to the subject, and will remove if that is the case.

Magazine makeover:
p1968400-4.jpg
p1968400-4.jpg

Portraiture is without a doubt the best plugin, but it needs to be layer masked and used selectively.

:D thanks. Sometimes people get offended if you knock of a few years. There is more than portraiture done to that too.

Thanks Starrider. Although I have been using Photoshop a long time I consider myself a newbie at photography. Still a ton to learn.

I think you have have just lost some of the actually grain in the skin, so maybe making the skin look slightly too smooth. I think this really is the hardest part with re-touching skin, keeping some of the granularity of "skin". I know when I first started everything I did looked like a wax work doll. I think in time and practice you learn to pull back on using the smoothing tools such as portraiture plugin.

Colland

Thanks for your comments. Actually that is usually about as strong as I go, I wanted to achieve that glamour type look. I usually do all my touchups on a separate layer then bring the opacity back to retrieve detail. Below is the amount I usually apply when I want a natural look.

photoshoot.jpg

Back