Aircraft visiting Newcastle this week

Edit My Images
Yes
Just a few pics of some of the aircraft at Newcastle this week

_MG_4894-forweb.jpg

The Harrier was emergency traffic and lost his engine at 100ft after suffering a bird strike.

_MG_4878forweb.jpg

Based Thomson Fly Boeing 737-800

_MG_4764forweb.jpg

Daily Emirates Airbus A330

_MG_4836forweb.jpg

French Army TBM700

_MG_4792forweb.jpg

Jet 2 Boeing 737 ready for the nightly mail run

_MG_4758-forweb.jpg

G-MAFE used for fisheries protection work but on this visit it was being used by the MOD on the nearby Otterburn range. The visible pod contains a camera which was downloading pictures to the troops on the ground on Exercise Pushton Sabre

_MG_4782forweb.jpg

Citation 10

_MG_4780forweb.jpg

Gulfstream

_MG_4913forweb.jpg

Atlantic Airlines ATP waiting for its mail run down to Bristol.

Any comments good or bad.

Michael

mf-images.fotopic.net

Very nice set there! Good shot of the harrier and its strobe.

Very nice set indeed. Would be spiffing to be off on hols in the Gulfstream or Citation X instead of the usual sardine can.

Aperture87 yes you are right I work at NCL and hold a full airside pass which makes it a lot easier.
I have never really bothered taking the camera in to work and guess that the amount of decent shots I have missed in my 13 years at the airport must run into the hundreds. I usually only do military but have decided that I will not cover all aspects of aviation from private home builds to RAF fast jets.

Michael

Hi Viper

I am afraid not. Many years ago it would have not been a problem but these days you have to jump through hoops to get a pass.
The governments next thing is to impose compulsory ID cards on all airport workers at a cost to us personally. Will that improve security ??????
Its not enough that we have to have a criminal records check every few years.

Michael

Back