Airliner photos

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I must confess, I'm an aviation nut. So here are a couple from my last trip to Belfast City airport (BHD). Hope you like, C & C please!

IMG_4621web800.jpg

IMG_4539web800.jpg

IMG_4640web.jpg

IMG_4546web.jpg

Canon 30D + EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 L IS USM

Thanks

Colin

Last edited:
Thanks Viper

I'm actually on the top level at the IKEA in Belfast. It's the perfect spotters spot! Security at IKEA are fone with photography there as long as you use common sense etc etc. It's nice because it doesn't matter what runway direction is being used, there's always opportunities for photography.

Colin

Thanks Viper

I'm actually on the top level at the IKEA in Belfast. It's the perfect spotters spot! Security at IKEA are fine with photography there as long as you use common sense etc etc. It's nice because it doesn't matter what runway direction is being used, there's always opportunities for photography.

Colin

Thanks everyone.

Yeah, I've only been approached a few times here and to be honest, as long as you aren't hiding in bushes or looking suspicious, they're happy to leave you to it.

I beleive EasyJet are moving their Luton - Belfast (currently BFS) flights to BHD, so we'll get a bit more variety if that happens.

Colin

The top of that Church in shot 2 looks like a good place for airliner shots

the backgrounds are too messy in the last two, with all sorts of objects sticking out of the top of the aircraft
the Dash 8 (last shot) is also spoiled with having part of the tail cropped out

the best one - is shot 1 with a bit of Blur - but trying to get a position to shoot them with a less cluttered background would be the main priority

my 2p
Chris

Sadly with regard to backgrounds, at most UK airports you are fairly limited to the places you can take photos due to fences/position of the sun/available runway etc etc, sometimes you just have to work with what is there.

Yeah, pretty much nothing I can do about the backgrounds here at BHD. A lot of machinery and old Belfast Docks buildings.

Looking at my last shot, it is quite a tight crop....

Thanks for all the comments

Colin

You can minimise the background to some extent, but its difficult, one of mine from a recent trip to Manchester Ringway, being on top of a high building helped for this shot.

3904686258_dfe76444b3_o.jpg

Back