Airshow (in my garden)

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Was feeling quite smug after snapping this Airbus flying around at nearby Farnboro' Airshow ...

DSC_0023.jpg

Then those big show offs The Red Arrows did their stuff

DSC_0020.jpg

I took these shots with my Nikon 70-300mm (G) and seemed to mainly be at the 70mm end - would I get better results to use the 70mm end of my 18-70mm Nikon which in theory is a sharper lens (?)
Any help greatly received ... Paul (y)

WOW!! How close are they, great couple of pics there

ppp said:
WOW!! How close are they, great couple of pics there
Right over my garden! The Dead Sparrows rattle the tiles which my son doesn't appreciate as he's asleep after nights @ M&S hehe ... Paul (y)

I watched these from my back garden yesterday - that airbus is HUGE!
Where in Surrey are you?

minimeeze said:
I watched these from my back garden yesterday - that airbus is HUGE!
Where in Surrey are you?
The Royal Borough of Mytchett (between Dogsh!t & Catsh!t as someone once described it!) - We pronounce it "Meeshay" btw (like Saint Ream in London or Streatham as it is pronounced hehe)
Paul ;)

Great entertainment in your backyard then ... without the costs and crowds ... (y)

Super pics too Paul ... TFS ... :clap:

As for the 70mm query ... if you were using your 18 - 70 but needed the longer reach ... would you be sig pick or what ... ?

Not sure you would neskyscarily notice on shots like these ... but I'm no expert ... :p

PaulBoy said:
The Royal Borough of Mytchett (between Dogsh!t & Catsh!t as someone once described it!) - We pronounce it "Meeshay" btw (like Saint Ream in London or Streatham as it is pronounced hehe)
Paul ;)

Ah.. that'll be just up the road from Aldersh*t then :LOL:
The noise has been horrendous all week - I'm looking forward to Monday when it will all be over :D

Thought I'd experiment with the 18-70mm today - First these "golden oldies" came over ...

DSC_0029.jpg

Then the stars of the show ...

DSC_0037.jpg

Must say it was easier to set the 18-70mm on manual & infinity & fire away but loads of shots were too distant to be used :thumbsdown:
Paul ;)

not bad at all Paul, lucky to have such a good ringside seat!

Wow - you got some excellent shots there PaulBoy. It's much harder than it looks. I tried today, but failed miserably. The old planes were just black blurs, and if you squint hard enough, you can just about make out the planes that make up the red arrows :LOL: They are obviously flying alot lower by the time they reach Mytchett :p

red-arrows.jpg

minimeeze said:
Wow - you got some excellent shots there PaulBoy. It's much harder than it looks. I tried today, but failed miserably. The old planes were just black blurs, and if you squint hard enough, you can just about make out the planes that make up the red arrows :LOL: They are obviously flying alot lower by the time they reach Mytchett :p

Actually with a slightly closer crop that would make a very good shot minimeeze.;)

Back