al the way to the coast

Edit My Images
Yes
Went climbing in a local quarry today and was rewarded with a fine view all the way to Blackpool, the tower is visible on the full size pic!

view-to-blackpool.jpg
[/IMG]

I like that one - lovely range of colours in the foreground, and lots of detail in the sky. Were you using a filter or was your metering just good?! :LOL: (y)

lovely colours!

Looks to me as though it could stand being a touch lighter though ~ sometimes it's OK to burn out the sky a little bit :D

There's also some annoying barrel distortion going on here, although that's easily corrected!

nice view!

Dont tell me dont tell me dont tell me....

That's erm..

Oh bugger what's the place called

Go down grane road, and you take a cheeky left off it to go up a little hill and there's a small village there, going through it and back down brings you back onto grane road (not far from the motorway/m65)

It is between Brindle and Wheelton near Chorley, lots of places round here with a view like that. I know where abouts you mean on the grane road but can't remeber the name.
I used an ND grad filter cos the sky was really bright.

Belthorn!

Someone told me once that on a clear day you could see Blackpool Tower from the top of Belthorn, but I never believed them.

Not the same place I know but it's not that far, so I assume they *were* telling the truth :D

Back