Alex Reworked

Marc

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
3084413039_bb9c819352_o.jpg

A little too much skin sharpening. Be careful when dodging the white's of the eyes. If your monitor is a little lighter than it should be (calibrated) then you wont notice but I can see the dodge strokes and you've left quite alot of the eye a darker white.

Hmmm, interesting as I haven't dodged the whites of her eyes, or anything for that matter. :thinking: I think the "Darker white" may be shadow from the eyelashes.

As far as the skin sharpening is concerned, there is a top layer of Gaussian blur so I will adjust the opacity to compensate.

Last edited:
Strange? Maybe it's Gluacoma? :D

The skin just needs a little attention is all. You've brushed in the gaussian layer around some of her face, but not other bits which has left it a little uneven. It's easily fixed.

There's definitely something strange going on with the eyes there, as though some dodgy erasing of a layer over the eyes has left some bits behind? Rather nice shot though.

It is rather strange. OK, here is the workflow:

• Image as shot then converted to mono using Elements Convert to Black and White function, no sharpening done at all.
  • Duplicate layer created with Gaussian Blur applied at 45%
  • Opacity of layer reduced to 38%
  • Layer erased on Irises only, was very careful not too touch the whites.
  • a slight burn to a small area of the forehead and under her right eye to remove glare.
  • Resized and uploaded

Maybe some dodging cloning on the whites of her eyes would help?

Back