Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
This is a car that belongs to a customer of mine, I was working on it one Saturday morning back in the summer and had a spare 20 minutes to try and take some shots of it because both myself and the owner were looking for a picture to have as a print! Hope you like.

4028249249_804ab656bc.jpg

4028249483_c0a9f8cda6.jpg

4029003458_e296d7c21b.jpg

I appreicate this isn't a great picture, but I still like it with the stablemates in the background.

4028249031_14f36d8f1f.jpg

and again (from another day, when the GT had just been delivered)

4028269081_3e535f4cac.jpg

I'll also say, the GT is running unsilenced Hoffman ceramic coated headers - just the manifolds that lead straight out the back! The noise is pure NASCAR, it really made me jump the first time I started it (not having been warned), but just makes me giggle like an idiot every time still!

Nice shots! I saw an 8C this past weekend at an Italian festival. Great looking car. I guess only 35 made it to the states. I also like the 612 and the GT. ;)

I'll also say, the GT is running unsilenced Hoffman ceramic coated headers - just the manifolds that lead straight out the back! The noise is pure NASCAR, it really made me jump the first time I started it (not having been warned), but just makes me giggle like an idiot every time still!

I bet that sounds awesome!! Definately one for my dream top 10!!

Liking the photo's too. GT40's in Gulf colours... there's just something about them (y)

oh what a gorgeous gorgeous car.................. The original GT40 is tasty as well - -- theres a red and gold one for sale in Local garage........... dream on.

Please tell me its either my eyes or your camera, but that Ferrari is not blue and grey is it?

WOOF

apart from the unfortunate tree trunk coming out of #1 I love that shot and angle.
is it worth cloning it out and pretending the tree is behind the bushes? also the very dark colours surrounding it should make it easy.

nice shoot :)

just looked at your website...no wonder the car looks so shiny and buff...
nice job!

Last edited:
oh what a gorgeous gorgeous car.................. The original GT40 is tasty as well - -- theres a red and gold one for sale in Local garage........... dream on.

Please tell me its either my eyes or your camera, but that Ferrari is not blue and grey is it?

That one is not an original, Its one of the new Ford GT's painted up in the Gulf colours. They made a very limited run of them (y)

The GT is a Heritage model, only 200 in the world (obviously Gulf colours).

The Ferrari is a 612 Sessanta (as opposed to the usual Scalietti). It's one of just 60 made world wide to celebrate the 60th Anniversary, and is one of only 4 in the UK (Eric Clapton being another owner, but his is black and white!).

The pictures don't do it justice, the colour scheme really does work well. The grey is a stunning deep metallic, the blue is a straight colour.

4029171863_f9683be5af_o.jpg

I'm looking forward to next summer when this particular gentleman should be getting one of the first (he's actually been promised the first, but who knows) Ferrari 458's, and has a deposit on the next Enzo, due in 2012. They should be a delight to look after!

That guy must be seriously loaded to have an armoury like this

Like you simply wouldn't believe.

Dizmatt, thanks for the feedback. My Photoshop skills don't stretch much further than blanking out number plates, but I'll have a look at the cloning for the tree trunk. It hadn't bothered me until now, but once pointed out it looks rather more obvious.

Wibble! As they said on Top Gear, it's not as good as the Maserati it's based on pure it's pure art

Back