All things related to Xbox Series X/S

S

stupar

Thought I would start a thread where all things relating to the new Xbox Series X & S could be discussed.

I received mine about an hour ago. Its all installed and downloading my games as I type.

There's a small console update that takes place as well as a controller update too. Everything was seamless in the setup of the console.

It is whisper quiet. If it wasn't for the light on the front you would be hard pushed to tell it was on!

Thought I would start a thread where all things relating to the new Xbox Series X & S could be discussed.

I received mine about an hour ago. Its all installed and downloading my games as I type.

There's a small console update that takes place as well as a controller update too. Everything was seamless in the setup of the console.

It is whisper quiet. If it wasn't for the light on the front you would be hard pushed to tell it was on!
Missed the chance to buy when they first started with the orders so gonna have to wait to get buy hands on one :(

Missed the chance to buy when they first started with the orders so gonna have to wait to get buy hands on one :(
More consoles became available this morning from select sellers but I would guess they have all been snaffled up

More consoles became available this morning from select sellers but I would guess they have all been snaffled up
Yeah, I've just done the rounds but they're all gone at the mo.

I remember when the PS4 came out and apparently all the shops and online places were sold out and the next shipments were a week or two or three away, I finished work, walked into my local asda, went to the back where they sold all the electrical goods and just asked on the off chance if they were expecting a delivery anytime soon and the young lad said ‘Yeah mate, we had 12 delivered last night, just not had chance to put any out yet’, he then swung the staff only door open and there they were all stacked up!

I doubt I’ll be so lucky with a series X this time round, but the point is it’s always worth just going into places and asking.

I remember when the PS4 came out and apparently all the shops and online places were sold out and the next shipments were a week or two or three away, I finished work, walked into my local asda, went to the back where they sold all the electrical goods and just asked on the off chance if they were expecting a delivery anytime soon and the young lad said ‘Yeah mate, we had 12 delivered last night, just not had chance to put any out yet’, he then swung the staff only door open and there they were all stacked up!

I doubt I’ll be so lucky with a series X this time round, but the point is it’s always worth just going into places and asking.
I did that with the original PlayStation manu many years ago.
Walked into HMV and did the exact same as you.

Best to wait a couple of weeks to buy one till the new consoles are out.

They will drop in price like a stone, wont be able to give them away.

It happens with every new generation.

Best to wait a couple of weeks to buy one till the new consoles are out.

They will drop in price like a stone, wont be able to give them away.

It happens with every new generation.

I think you're confused with the naming as would I. The Xbox Series X/S are the two new ones. The Xbox One is the old ones that you are probably referring to. :)

I also just came here to say get the better console which is the PS5 :D

(sorry, couldn't resist :p)

Last edited:
I think you're confused with the naming as would I. The Xbox Series X/S are the two new ones. The Xbox One is the old ones that you are probably referring to. :)

Almost an hour it took, that’s disgraceful :ROFLMAO:

Oh i see, yeah that naming confused me completely.

In that case i am waiting for the revised consoles when they iron out issues, make them smaller, quieter, cheaper and use less electricity

Almost an hour it took, that’s disgraceful :ROFLMAO:

Haha. I am getting a PS5 next week but I do like some of the exclusives on the Xbox so always end up getting both. I think the cheaper versions are a great addition this time round and will probably pick up the S unless I can get a cheap X. This all depends on when another Gears of War is out though so will probably wait until later next year for it.

Haha. I am getting a PS5 next week but I do like some of the exclusives on the Xbox so always end up getting both. I think the cheaper versions are a great addition this time round and will probably pick up the S unless I can get a cheap X. This all depends on when another Gears of War is out though so will probably wait until later next year for it.
It's unlikely there will be another Gears for a while. I understand Gears 5 is enhanced for the series x.

It's unlikely there will be another Gears for a while. I understand Gears 5 is enhanced for the series x.

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if they canned it in and focussed on the Bethesda stuff they just bought over. I'm sure there'll be other exclusives I'll want to get my hands on so will get one in time. I wasn't over impressed with Halo however I'd still play it and I'm sure they'll have learned from their mistake and release something a bit more original.

I only play my One X at this time of year when its too dark to take the dog along the river early morning.
I had the PS3 before this but my son and son in law both have Xboxes so I borrow their games :p
I just started to play Rise of Tomb Raider today :love::love:
I love the Assassins Creed games as well - visually stunning!!!

Last edited:
I wonder if the burning / smoking series X videos are true or people just trolling.

If true it will be the biggest disaster possible for Xbox short of exploding in kids bedrooms

I wonder if the burning / smoking series X videos are true or people just trolling.

If true it will be the biggest disaster possible for Xbox short of exploding in kids bedrooms

It looks to be that most, if not all, are fake. There are other issues reported like disc drives making chainsaw noises etc though.

Spent hours trying and failing to get a series X for my lad yesterday. Had one in my basket on the Asda site at one point, clicked pay just as the site crashed, when it came back up my basket was empty and they'd sold out..... Then spent 2 hours in a virtual queue at Game, only for them to sell out when I was down to a 20 minute wait....Arrrrggghh

Last edited:

Yeah reports seem to suggest its people blowing vape into the console so the top fan blows it out to make it look like smoke.

No issues to report on disc drive from me, already played some blu rays today and all was good

Managed to get hold of one through a pre-order loophole, arrived on launch day. My first serious console since the Dreamcast (still in use) so the step up in graphics in 4k is still sinking in. Subscribed to gamepass ultimate for 3 years which should keep me occupied for a while.

It was idiots blowing vape into the machines then recording it fanning back out

Cyberpunk 2077 is on the xbox too.

Also on PC though will require a decent gpu to run smooth

Back