Yes
HI
I AM AFTER A NEW LENS FOR A D200
BUDGET £400-£500
IS THERE ANYTHING IN BETWEEN THE
TAMRON 17-50mm SP AF F2.8 XR Di II IF 17-55mm £300
AND THE
Nikon 17-55mm AF-S f/2.8G IF-ED Dx £800
SURELY IM LOOKING AT THE TWO ENS OF THE MARKET?

LOL

Dore 187 - in internet protocol, typing in caps is considered bad manners and shouting, and wont get your post any more noticed. No big deal if you didn't know that. ;)

I'm a Canon user, but no doubt the Nikon guys will be along with loads of sage advice for you.

Have you considered the 24-120 VR?

You don't say what you want to do and the 24-120 is not a very fast lens but has VR and a very nice range IMHO!

Cheers

:D(y)

Judging by what you are looking at I presume you are after a fast lens so I would go for the Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8, it's a cracking lens, very sharp and built like a tank. Keep an eye out on ebay as you should be able to pick one up for around £550, mine was under £500 but it was quite well used although that does not bother me as the optics are in A1 condition.

Hope this helps.

Judging by what you are looking at I presume you are after a fast lens so I would go for the Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8, it's a cracking lens, very sharp and built like a tank. Keep an eye out on ebay as you should be able to pick one up for around £550, mine was under £500 but it was quite well used although that does not bother me as the optics are in A1 condition.

Hope this helps.

I'd go for a 17-55 in that focal range too. You'll pick one for a good price on ebay or at a shop as a used lens.

thanks guys
sorry about the caps ........man you guys are touchy!

It's just that CT decided to diversify on the furthering of people's education.

Birds are not enough...

IT today...world peace tomorrow, eh CT?:LOL:

Nikkor 17-55 gets my vote as well. Though bare in mind I have just bought one, so I would say that :D

In all seriousness, its an awsome lens. Worth the investment.

Back