Alnmouth - patience is a virtue.

Edit My Images
Yes
I waited and waited on saturday afternoon, and then the clouds broke..
clouds-2.jpg

And well worth waiting for too(y) Loving the reflections of the clouds. Shame about the people far left though.

And well worth waiting for too(y) Loving the reflections of the clouds. Shame about the people far left though.

cheers eric, I like the figures though as I think it balances the composition and adds a bit of relection.

I have to agree, the people help make the picture by giving a sense of scale, well worth waiting for.(y) The horizon is deceptive though, it appears wonky when it isn't, I think I might have been tempted to rotate it a nudge CCW anyway to balance the optical illusion. :shrug:

Great image and fantastic lighting I like the people in the frame as well. Did you wait long to get the right light?

Just my sort of cuppa - beach, wet sand, reflections, decent clouds and a real sense of space. Nice one.

Very good. Nice to see a shot like this with all the blue, makes a change from the sunrise/sunset orange ones.

I like the people too. (y)

I have to agree, the people help make the picture by giving a sense of scale, well worth waiting for.(y) The horizon is deceptive though, it appears wonky when it isn't, I think I might have been tempted to rotate it a nudge CCW anyway to balance the optical illusion. :shrug:
Thanks LL, though I'd disagree on the horizon. I know what you mean but I think even a slight nudge would throw the people off the vertical. ;)

Great image and fantastic lighting I like the people in the frame as well. Did you wait long to get the right light?
Thanks Simmo, I was getting well and truly wet. Carried my stuff around for well over an hour and a half and it was biting cold. Even the dog wasn't too amused. Then we got the break for about 1/2 hr.

Thanks all for taking the time and effort to comment. Much appreciated. :)

Agree with the others. Its just that bit "different" which makes it special

Thats one fine photo, the people work for me giving a sense of scale and distance.

Lovely part of England and you have captured it well. Very nice lighting and not overdone.:)

I agree with Sheep - breaks the Rule of Thirds but the wet sand reflecting the interesting bits of the sky makes it work.

Back