Alternative?

nikonkid

Suspended / Banned
Name
graham
Edit My Images
Yes
i am after a nikon D200, but non are coming up at the moment, and i am running out of time, is there an alternative with similar specs, eg- canon?

had a look at them, but a bit pricy, out of my budget range

How much do you expect a good D200 for,if the S5 pro is out of range?

ive seen D200's go for anything between 425 and 480, s5's i have looked at have been going for over 500, i did win a D200 for 427 on e-bay but then he e-mailed me and said that "he dropped it so could not sell me it"

:thinking:

What on earth is your budget then?

what do you mean "what on earth is your budget then", how about "how much have you to spend?" can't do with people with an attitude

I think you misread it mate,seems an OK question,same as mine really.........:shrug:

maybe so, its just that i am pretty new to photography and this forum and already someone has been rude to me, i dont know why maybe its because i'm an ignorant noob, and we all cant afford top of the range cameras maybe a little too defensive.

maybe so, its just that i am pretty new to photography and this forum and already someone has been rude to me, i dont know why maybe its because i'm an ignorant noob, and we all cant afford top of the range cameras maybe a little too defensive.

:|

It was a serious question, if you don't mind. Please don't imply that because I have an expensive camera that I'm talking down to you. :shrug:

The S5 Pro was being sold at £500 new, that being the case (and from the sales that I have seen) the D200 and S5 Pro sell for very similar money. You asked a question regarding a similar spec body to the D200 (which implies a certain level of budget), you poo-poo the idea, hence my question.

Steve

what do you mean "what on earth is your budget then", how about "how much have you to spend?" can't do with people with an attitude

Feel free to have a look through any of my posts on this forum or even AVForums (same username, 7500 posts) - you'll find I most certainly do not have an attitude. :)

Good luck in your search.

no prob sdb123, its just me, please accept my apology, i think i have found a D200 off taz fingers crossed, its just that the s5's i saw the cheapest was roughly 550, i have got about 100 less than that.

Grab a D80...it shares a lot of its DNA with a D200 and image quality between the two is largely indistinguishable

Cheaper, too.

You sure on that advice Moosh?

Speaking purely on image quality, there is very little in it. Yes, the D200 has a much greater set of features, arguably better build and is the nicer camera to use (at least in my experience) but with the same glass mounted on both bodies I think you'd be hard pushed to call it...

Cheers,
James

Fair comment.

I keep looking at S5`s,and need to try one out.

Back