Am I Stupid..

Edit My Images
Yes
I've been asked to create a couple of A5 vouchers for a photoshoot so a friend can give them to her son and daughter + their familes.

Open photoshop cs5, created a new A5 document, copied it in to word to check the size and its massive, a lot bigger than A5, more like A3.

Am I missing a setting here and just being stupid, or is something messing up somewhere?

Last edited:
I would guess the dpi is changing.
When you open a new document in Photoshop it is probably set at 300dpi
and then it is changing to 72dpi in Word.
It's just a thought, I could be wrong.

I would guess the same thing but I don't understand why you would copy it into word to check the size? :)

if it is just for flyers you dont need 300dpi to be honest the size of the images on the flyer will be quite small.

I would guess the same thing but I don't understand why you would copy it into word to check the size? :)

Purely to check that it is the right size, the trouble I've had printing things like passport photos etc beggers belief.

I think its time to invest in my own printer and stop using the wife's one, its an old piece of **** anyway! There are no images either , its all text at the moment.

lol you've still lost me? When you open the print dialogue in Photoshop it shows you the image size against the paper size you have selected to print on. Or by opening up 'Image Size' in photoshop you can see the dimensions also.

Back