An assortment of small birds taken today

Edit My Images
Yes
These were all taken today.........I guess thats obviouse from the title :wacky:. I hope you like......

1 Tree Sparrow
3570322829_d369b4831a_o.jpg

2 Gold Finch
3571132818_d6688e73b5_o.jpg

3 Reed Bunting
3571134062_7e55edf359_o.jpg

4 Blackcap
3571133568_9650cc2353_o.jpg

5 Green Finch
3571133164_35548f7eeb_o.jpg

6 And finally a decent shot of the Reed Warbler
3570325099_3d1e9720d4_o.jpg

Thanks for looking, all comments and critique welcome

Mark

Love the pics there, really want to achieve similar so I'm interested to know what lens you used for these.

Nice series Mark - very nice environmental settings. No 4 & 6 are my favs.

Nice pictures! All I can comment on is a need for tighter crops because you subjects look rather lonely in some shots.

Nice crisp shots, attractive expressions, agree 4 & 6 float my boat.
No EXIF data - 200mm?
Can't decide if you gave space for the suject to move into, or were short on reach?
Anyway, that's just aesthetics and very personal.
Enjoyed them.

Excellent set Mark (y) I like your compositions, they give a good idea of the natural habitat :)

Thanks all for the comments, moaten these were all taken with a 500 f4 but you can get pictures equall to these with any lens its more technique than anything....thinking about what you wan`t in the shot. I`m with Ant I like habitat type shots so thats what I wanted and thats how I composed the shot....then I always take time to get the focus point selected on the eye if the bird flies during that time then so be it....but I prefer the eye to be tac sharp hence making sure my focus is good. I shoot manual rather than AV or TV to give myself the best control over the shot.

I have often thought we need some kind of thread where people can ask about technique best equipment etc......

Great set, and good variety. :clap:
Love the Blackcap (y)

A superb set.........3 and 4 for me are the pick of the bunch:clap::clap:

4,5 and 6 for me (y)

Lovely compositions in their natural habitat :clap:

Thanks all for the great replies, it really is good to hear that others like your images.

Again thanks :)

Thanks Joe, its got quite a varied habitat so loads of different species all waiting to be photographed, i`m thinking of charging them :D

Love the blackcap and reed warbler, but all are good. For me the composition is great I like to see habitat the bird is in.

Phil

Back