An attempt at abstract

Edit My Images
Yes
Taken during the summer when I was meaning to post pics but being myself never got round to it;( I'm sure some of you can guess what it is - no prizes I'm afraid;)

I like it, but what do you think?
2005-09-14_1921.jpg

Thanks for looking:thumb:

Difficult subject well executed ! I like this - my kind of shot ! Not sure a completely blue sky might have enhanced it ?

As Venominator says, it's well shot but I think it lacks punch? if that's the right word.

/edit, had a quick play with the levels I hope that's ok.

2005.jpg

umm I don't know what it is,lol. Guess it isn't in my neck of the woods huh? If I remember correctly though Steve had taken shots of this for the black and white comp. Anyway I think it works well. I like it. Sorry I can't give more of a critique than that.

Cheers,
Jewel

Very good, eye-catching composition but I find the grey/blue contrast a bit bland. Very well executed.

I don't think it works, but hey.... abstract is difficult.

Right composition, I think - maybe wait for a better sky?
Or go completely bananas and alter the colours completely?

Thanks for the comments and advice:)

On reflection I have to agree that the sky should have been an overall blue - your comments and Steep's edit prove that and are truly appreciated :thumb:

Just for Jewel, this is the rest of the structure:

2005-09-14_1859.jpg

The Gateshead Millennium Bridge

Thank you so much of this wonderful shot of my home town. I am now be-devilled with homesickness.;)

Shouldn't that read Newcastle Milennium Bridge? :whistle2: :smilenod:

wow awsome shot and awsome bridge, i pressume it swings up for shipping otherwise, thats some angle to walk across.

very cool! well spotted, have you tried a tighter crop at the top?

Again thanks for the comments:)

True Cav, we all call it the Newcastle Millennium Bridge (as it should be;)) - but someone went and stuck this on the side of it:
GMB.jpg

Sorry for making you homesick - I never realized;)

Yes Barrymoir, it raise like a hinge to allow vessels to pass beneath it.

Never got around to editing it - if you want to feel free though:thumb:

Lots and lots of shots Jewel:)

I'm not sure if it works as an abstract, the clouds give the game away, but it's a nice image none the less.

Back