An idea of value

digitalfailure

Staff Bog Cleaner 2015
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I'm hoping someone with ebay experience or similar can find me a rough value for a lens I no longer have use for.

Canon 75-300 usm IS

The lens is boxed and mint, it has the optional hood and a UV and circ pol with it.

It's a good lens tbh, but i've switched to a 70-200 f2.8 and need to recover some of it's purchase cost :eek:

Heres one at £230 with 6 bids and approx. 22 hours remaining:

Linky

obviously these people don't know that the 75-300 is complete cack above 200mm...

Is that not the lens that Bachs just took some cracking bird shots with ?

Dont think his is the IS version - although the glass should be identical, maybe wrong though.

seems like a good time to sell this lens. everyone is paying over the odds for it thinking its the newer, better 70-300 IS.

leoedin said:
obviously these people don't know that the 75-300 is complete cack above 200mm...

Thats not strictly true, sure the lens goes a little soft when wide open above 220ish but my copy of the lens is fine when stopped down a little.

Thats the beauty of having the IS on the lens, it allows you to close down the ap and use longer shutter speeds and still get a decent shot :)

I've read lots of reviews, some good....some bad i'd give it 7-10 tbh and it's a great lens if you can't afford L series

I've actually used the lens a few times this week in preference to a 70-200 f2.8 purely for the IS :bonk:

did you keep the sigma then?

Yup, i kept the sigma and got a few great shots of the new Airbus A380 with it!

Very happy overall, but there is a little more movement in the mount compared to the canon lenses in my bag....no errors though (y)

digitalfailure said:
Yup, i kept the sigma and got a few great shots of the new Airbus A380 with it!

Very happy overall, but there is a little more movement in the mount compared to the canon lenses in my bag....no errors though (y)

Post em up then (y)

There's a slight bit of play on mine as well but same here, no errors :)

I'll post some when i get some up on the net.

My laptop refuses point blank to send files upto my webspace....useless ftp!!! :bang:

(not digitalfailure for nothing :shrug: )

Matty has seen a couple of them via msn, straight from the camera as an embedded jpeg and i think he was impressed tbh.

yeah look fine to me, and thats one big airplane!

But sooooooo quiet!!!!

I watched it do it's flyover at BAe broughton and it's an awesome site.

:clap: :clap: well done to the Airbus chaps

could you not put them on imageshack or photobucket?

Warspite said:
Dont think his is the IS version - although the glass should be identical, maybe wrong though.

Correct on both counts AFAIAA

I don't need IS on mine...it has a water based gyro system.
If I hadn't have managed to fix mine I would have been interested in this sale.
I love the lens and with IS it can only be better.

:) i've not managed to even advertise it yet.....so if you decide to chuck yours in a deeper puddle, give me a yell :wave:

leoedin said:
could you not put them on imageshack or photobucket?

the trouble with DF is that he had his TP gallery for 10 mins and succeededin breaking the whole thing!

Back