An old pier no more.

Name
Nick Baker
Edit My Images
Yes
For all of you that do not know this was the pier when it was first opened.

Kent,%20Herne%20Bay,%20Pier.jpg

This is the pier after storm and fire damage (google image)

2195926_f7a7f260.jpg

Then it was reduced to this (google image)

Herne_Bay_Pier-1.jpg

Now how it stands right now (my image)

6965095267_8b6a85a659.jpg
[/url]
Herne Bay Pier by Nick Baker 1990, on Flickr[/IMG]

Such a sad image to see of anyone who had memories here.

Used to live in Greenhill between about 1974-1977. Is it being dismantled and not replaced?

Used to live in Greenhill between about 1974-1977. Is it being dismantled and not replaced?

Well they have plans for a "new complex" that will bring lots of tourism for Herne bay BUT I dont see it happening. They have so many plans for this pier it is unreal. The amusements owners at the end wanted to rebuild the end of the pier and have cable cars going across to it but again I think it is all dreams at the moment. Hopefully they extend it again as I wouldn't mind fishing off the end if it is further out.

Hmmmm I'm never confident when they demolish the old before the new is completely agreed/funded/etc. (look at Wembley), hopefully they will replace it with something.
My parents still live in the area (Hampton), but I rarely venture that far down the front when I visit. Thanks for posting, on my next visit I will. (y)

Hmmmm I'm never confident when they demolish the old before the new is completely agreed/funded/etc. (look at Wembley), hopefully they will replace it with something.
My parents still live in the area (Hampton), but I rarely venture that far down the front when I visit. Thanks for posting, on my next visit I will. (y)

I will take some more pictures in a das time. They are planning to hold fundraisers on the solid platform when they have finished but who knows what will happen.

Back