"An open letter to the BTCC"

I'm digging this up from the archives but after attending this years' FoS (which I appreciate to some extent is a special case) it reminded me of making these comments and the discussion here way back when, which may have just been way ahead of time. Have things now changed?

FoS 2017 was awash with 'influencers' who appeared to have some pretty decent access. I would guess that they may have even been paid to be there. Some other events I'm aware of have been seemingly hand-picking popular IG users to cover the event for them, all as far as I'm aware with no specific media affiliation or traditional route into all of this.

Even I, who has an almost non-existent social media following, somehow managed to end up with over 10,000 unique views from my FoS blog write-up in the space of a few days. I'd be surprised if some of the traditional media managed that, and I'm a complete nobody shooting from public positions. If I'm doing that off the back of 22 IG followers I can't even imagine how many readers/viewers etc the popular guys are getting.

i remember i applied about 7 years ago and they said 'no digital media please, only printed'..they were a bit backwards to say the least.

Back