An ordinary Reed Warbler? Help with ID please

Jo

Name
Jo Fisher
Edit My Images
Yes
At first I thought a Reed Warbler, but I'm not so sure now looking at the legs :shrug:

2577559518_a5e3ee6d09_o.jpg

This was taken at the bottom of our drive. We went for a little drive further on and heard, and saw briefly another 2 warblers. One was a sedge and the other was something else. But I will have to see if I can get any pics for IDing that one I think.

Oh and I know it's not a great shot :LOL: The little blighter moved in between me focusing on the eye and hitting the magic button.

Edit: After just listening to the sound clips on the RSPB site I know what it is :woot: but I want someone more knowledgeable to confirm for me please :D

Last edited:
are you reckoning its a great reed warbler jo?there has been a few spotted here and there so i hope it is one for you;)

No, I reckon it's a Marsh Warbler ;) The song confirmed it for me. I'm going to try and figure out how to record the song on the hubby's Blackberry so I can upload it somewhere.

yeah good call jo:clap:it certainly looks the part.i never looked at the marsh warbler when i checked through my id book earlier and ive certainly never seen one in the flesh.i got excited when i had a willow warbler on my garden :LOL:

Back