T

tomstorey

First try with Bracketeer for the Mac.
Canon 40D+ Canon 10-22mm
3 jpg's
C & C welcome.
Tom

Angel.jpg

I really like it, especially with the other people as it's gives it a sense of perspective in my opinion.

I agree with above. When i saw the subject, i thought 'here we go another same ol' picture' but the poeple at the bottom really does make a huge difference.

It really is the ugliest thing, thats not to say its not a good photo :)

Like the people in the shot too :)

:agree:

The people really show a great sense of scale...the shot also has what I can only describe as a cleanness to it...I think I need to lie down.. :runaway:

Thanks all for your kind comments.
Happy Snappin'
Tom

I think it's a stunning sculpture, I really like the picture as well....lovely composition, and has already been mentioned the figures give it a sense of scale that you wouldn't normally get (I had no idea it was quite that big!!)

(y)

:agree:

Seen it a few times from the road on the way to Scotland. It is weird but a good landmark.

SB

Super shot and the people ahow just what a beast this is (y)

Take the people away and it'd be less than half as good. The fact that one of them is actually looking up just adds to it for me. Sometimes those people who are in your shot can be useful.

One of the better Angel of the North shots! Composition , processing and sense of scale spot on!

Good shot.
She is quite a big bugger ain't she!

As a few have said, reminds them of their missus - ****in huge!

Glad you all like the composition and tnx for nice comments. I love using the 10-22 mm, it has enormous angle of view and depth of field. I also have the 24-105 mm, it is a good lens but a bit too long at the the wide end for a crop camera.
Happy Snappin' to all
Tom

I like this shot too. Just wondering if you could crop about an inch off the left hand side, to make the space at the side of each wing roughly equal, making it more balanced? :thinking:

Interesting:

Firstly, it's a great picture. To me it's not ugly at all but a very powerful image indeed - so as usual, there is a healthy variety in our points of view on this forum (good).

And secondly, I had always thought the 'Angel' was male rather than female - just shows what I know...

Anthony.

I like this shot too. Just wondering if you could crop about an inch off the left hand side, to make the space at the side of each wing roughly equal, making it more balanced? :thinking:

I can see why you have suggested that...I was intent on holding the angel around the left hand vertical Third.
Never mind, next time I do the angel.........:)

A very nice shot, seems a little strange the head being so much darker than the rest....If you could bring that out a tad more.

Really like this shot, very well done, as others have said, the people at the bottom work well.

I'm originally from Newcastle and never appreciated the beauty of the Angel until I visited it. Its only then you can truely appreciate the size and the strange attraction of it.

Back