<span class="poty">POTY (Joint) 2016</span>
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Taken yesterday @ Angelesey looking back at the Snowdon region

Anglesey_small.jpg

Where abouts on the island were you?

Looking at the view of the mountains somewhere near Niwbrch, maybe further up the Strait nearer to Llanidan?

thanks all :)

Where abouts on the island were you?

Looking at the view of the mountains somewhere near Niwbrch, maybe further up the Strait nearer to Llanidan?

ye its not far past Niwbrch, theres a beach with s small island with a lighthouse on it

Excellent.

Plenty of drama in both the sky and the water. :D

Nice shot, certainly catches the power of the waves... I was tempted to head down to Anglesey yesterday myself, think the waves at Penmon would have been pretty impressive too

simon

Yes very dramatic, excellent (y)

thanks all

simonkit, it would have been i bet the wind was manic tbh i came home with a sand blasted face lol

Like this one a lot. Very dramatic and nice, lowering skies.

I'd clone out the specks in the sky though (are they helicopters?) as they're a bit distracting being above the crashing wave.

they're seagulls, on the large version you can make them out but like you said they look like specs on the reduced size

Last edited:
Lovely shot, great timing and nice processing... One I'd be proud to print and hang up on the wall

thanks, i'm definitely printing it, but have to work through loads from the day yet, i have another couple that look really promising :D

thanks CP im going through the rest and i think i have some more crackers from the day, just got to process them all

yet again another great shot, very well done.

cheers (y)

i have another one from this beach here

Anglesey_3084_61_62.jpg

The second one is somewhat surreal. I very much like it.

I assume you've treated it the same way as you describe in another post - with layers and masks etc etc.

Must read a tutorial on this.

If I could get anywhere near replicating that sky I'd be chuffed.

The second one is somewhat surreal. I very much like it.

I assume you've treated it the same way as you describe in another post - with layers and masks etc etc.

Must read a tutorial on this.

If I could get anywhere near replicating that sky I'd be chuffed.

it works well as long as you use a low opacity and don't try and do it all in one brush stroke and build it up bit by bit :)

of course if there isnt the detail there to bring out you wont get the effect, i was lucky with the sky it was quite mad weather ;)

Last edited:
Right thats it, I've had enough. I refuse to look at any more brilliant shots from you young Dave, its making me depressed. :D
Both of these are stunning and the more I see black and whites this good the more I realise I need to get out more.

Andy

Very nice fair play to like both

(y)

Right thats it, I've had enough. I refuse to look at any more brilliant shots from you young Dave, its making me depressed. :D
Both of these are stunning and the more I see black and whites this good the more I realise I need to get out more.

Andy

hahaha :LOL: thank you very much for that compliment :)

Back