Anglesey follow-on - pick a favourite lighthouse shot

Edit My Images
No
Following on from my previous post I thought it might be interesting to post several of the lighthouse photos I shot during the "session" & I ask for preference & the reason why. Appreciate all the feedback I can get !!

thanks

Simon

penmon_point_lighthouse_north_wa-4.jpg

penmon_point_lighthouse_north_wa-3.jpg

penmon_point_lighthouse_north_wa-2.jpg

penmon_point_lighthouse_north_wa-1.jpg

penmon_point_lighthouse_north_wales.jpg

penmon_lighthouse_beaumaris_north_w.jpg

I can't choose between 1 and 3. I'd really like it if you could have the size of wave from 1 and the composition from 3. I quite like the last one too but find my eye is pulled to both sides of the picture and not to one specific focal point.

The second and last for me. No 2 is the only one where the lighthouse really catches my attention. I like the angle it was taken from. I like the way the sea is crashing on the rocks in the last one and the lightouse in the distance works for me.

1 and 3 of the solo lighthouse shots but the last one for me is the winner

I also like the first and last of your set, with probably he last just shading it.

cuddy.

1 & 3 for me (y)
dont know if it me but they look almost 3D to me :shrug:
Nice shots anyway :clap:

first and especially the last for me, i really like the exposure of the sky and i would be tempted to crop just above the first rock to emphasize that. Either way thats a nice set of pictures(y)

Thanks again for the comments/feedback.

Ben - see you're lucky enough to live closeby. I had a look at the crop but I think the shot loses too much. As it is I think the 2 rocks work as a "lead-in" for the lighthouse, without the r/hand one this is lost.

simon

The second and last for me. No 2 is the only one where the lighthouse really catches my attention. I like the angle it was taken from. I like the way the sea is crashing on the rocks in the last one and the lightouse in the distance works for me.

Agree about the second (not sure about the last one). The second one really does just seem to grab. No idea why.

Back