Annoying issue with TB & Soundbar

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Weird 'issue' going on. Had the setup 2 years now and for most it worked fine, then went a bit weird, then fine and now weird!

Have a Samsung TV and BT sounder/woofer. For most of the time I just turn on with Sky remote, box comes on, TV wakes up and sounder kicks in. Then a while back, every time I turned on the sound would be through TV. Would need to go through the TV settings to sound, and click connect on the sound bar then all ok. Only a few second but annoying!. That lasted a couple of months then just went back to 'normal for a month or so. Now its doing the same. Not a serious problem but can't work out why?

Wonder if something has had an update and it’s messed the settings ?

Pull the plug out when the TV is on, wait for 10 secs then plug it back in.

If that doesn't work, it needs a new board.

My dad had a similar problem but his remote turned up the volume on the sound bar when he changed channels using the Sky remote control, I couldn't figure it out at all, Dad called Sky man, they came and fixed it, he has no idea what they did, then again he is 90, bless. So it may be an over air update?

sounds like an ARC issue, is ARC turned on for the TV or SKY box, is the soundbar connected via HDMI in an ARC labelled socket on your TV or SKY box

Back