Another 2 for 1 photobook offer

Glen

Uncle Glen
Name
Glen
Edit My Images
Yes
on mypublisher.co.uk you get 2 for 1 on photobooks if you enter this code......SUMMER241 valid until 31st of August. :)

Mods scrap this....the emails come via good old USA, so as marianne has pointed out, might not be valid in the uk, but tis worth asking if anyone is interested.

the photobooks look good though Glen, similar to Photobox but with more options from what I can see...I'll probably give them a go ;)

Marianne said:
the photobooks look good though Glen, similar to Photobox but with more options from what I can see...I'll probably give them a go ;)
Exactly what I was thinking Marianne, thanks Glen, wasn't aware of this lot (y)

Hi I had feedback today from someone who used fotobook and were really impressed with the paper and print quality of the book.

It also got the gold award from Digital Photo Mag the other month so it may be another one worth considering. Will now also look at mypublisher, myself and see if this would be better for the project I am working on at the mo.

Cheers

Marianne said:

In my humble opinion as a person in the print trade for the last 10 years, the copy of the pocket book I got from mypub, wasn't what I would call brilliant. Why, if you look at a magazine it will more than likely be printed at 175 lpi which is the screen ruling, the higher this number the 'better' the quality of print is deemed to be, ie our National Trust work is 200lpi etc....When I got my copy it looked as if the screen ruling was 125lpi or less, not fantastic, IMO. I contacted them and after half a dozens emails or so, they use a digital press runining at '175' lpi but I feel that the quality isn't even up to magazine standard ie 'top gear' 'cosmo'. This is just my opinion, I don't want to put people off, as always what looks good to one person might look pants to you.

I think I might try photobox next, I think with all these things its trial and error, its not some much colour perfection I want more print quality. IE I want it to look like a lab print, which so far of the first one I've ordered it wasn't.

sounds like we're sticking with Photobox then, but we've had a couple of books reprinted because of colour casting, mind you their service is second to none, so I'd recommend them.

Back