Another attempt at light painting.

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Had another shot at light painting again, hope im getting close to doing it now.

Matt

DSC00358.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00352.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

DSC00346.jpg

You have to be very careful with whites as it's really easy to blow them as has happened here :shrug: the red chips could do with a bit more light on them (y) the colours on the oranges are wrong there is too much blue in there, I'm guessing that the w/b is off on them :shrug:

Matt
MWHCVT

Cheerz guys,

Matt, I had the white balance on auto, what would you suggest.

Is the pine cone or whatever it is ok? I'm guessing with the white chips I had left them under light too much?

Is it an improvement from my first lot?

Thanks for helping me on this.

Matt

Unless you know the specific colour temperature of your light source, auto is fine. The trick is to shoot raw and correct in post.

Cheerz guys,

Matt, I had the white balance on auto, what would you suggest.

Is the pine cone or whatever it is ok? I'm guessing with the white chips I had left them under light too much?

Is it an improvement from my first lot?

Thanks for helping me on this.

Matt

I think it's an improvement (y) there are still areas to improve but these are better than the first (y)

As to the W/B as Andrew says above shoot raw and then adjust in PP, but I suspect you are using a white LED type torch if so I would suggest white fluorescent as a good starting point

Hi matt,

Yes the torch is LED so ill give what you said a shot, shooting in RAW is a problem as I don't have immediate access to a computer for PP, I'm constantly going to my friends house. This however will be sorted in 4 weeks when my pc arrives.

Thanks

Matt

Back