Another attempt at Torch Light Shots

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

HipFlaskDrink1EXIF.jpg

F20 @ 10 sec- 55mm lens and a torch

Les (y)

and one shot using the torch pointed inside the glass- fruit added for colour- picked up the colour from within the image for the frame and name

will do some Whiskey in a glass ones later- need to buy a small bottle lol

Les :D

18 to 55mm lens- f20 @ 10 secs Tripod and torch

Fruitcup1EXIF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just think these are a bit too dark. (Warning on this statement - I'm using my uncalibrated laptop which can turn things v.dark.) If I remember I will look later on a calibrated monitor.

I like the idea of painting with light, and think that second arrangement looks very tempting!

My monitor is just my standard Advent Laptop and not calibrated- so you may well say they are dark- they look ok on mine though

Les :D

up 2 stops- lets not forget the only light source is a small torch lol

Fruitcup1EXIF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
first one for me lez . i think the border take the eye away in the others. but they are still nice shots

really like the first one, it's not obvious what it is at first, it made me really look at it.

I look back now on my calibrated monitor. They're actually both fine.

I think the second is best, due to the fact you can make the items more clearly. In the first the base of the glass is a touch too under torch exposed. And what really does my head in at first is the flask cap floating in the middle...took a while to work out what it was!

Back