Another autumn shot

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
Took this over the weekend and although I like the shot, I feel that some of the right hand side could be cropped as my eye wanders to the empty field. However if I crop, then some of the power of the trees gets lost.
Your C&C would be most welcome.
TP__DSC0776.JPG

Thanks for that Barry. You are correct in that bottom left is water. Strange how some things jarr and others don't. It does not bother me but I will tone down or clone it anyway.

Nice tranquil image Donna, it balances for me and my eye is drawn to the centre where the lower branch crosses the background tree! Also the leave covered path (if it is a path) adds interest

Lovely!

Nice autumn look to that path and how you have sunlight through the trees.

I find my eyes are drawn to the small tree truck by the RH side - I would be inclined to try cloning that out as its foliage would become lost amongst the other foliage there.

Thanks for the feedback and I have taken your comments on board and here is the result:
TP_DSC0776-1.JPG

I have slightly saturated yellow and red but as I have a tendency to oversaturate my images perhaps I have erred to much on the side of caution this time. Also on my PC, my screen management software forces sRGB colour space when I am editing but not when browsing, so web images look colder (to me) than when I am editing. Must remember that in future!

Edit works much better imo

I think that works well as the edit. I think you are right about the right hand side with both the field and also the brighter sky pulling the eye out of the frame but also agree that the crop would unbalance the image - so not sure there is a lot you can do about that!

Paul

Great edit! Definitely improves things for me. I'm personally not that bothered about the field on the right, but there is a mark on the left that now i have spotted it, cant stop looking at it. It's about 2/3 up from the bottom on the far left. A sort of slightly bluish smudge.

Great edit! Definitely improves things for me. I'm personally not that bothered about the field on the right, but there is a mark on the left that now i have spotted it, cant stop looking at it. It's about 2/3 up from the bottom on the far left. A sort of slightly bluish smudge.

Thanks for that. The smudge is a bad spot healing brush edit on the sun through the trees that really had to go. I will try cleaning that up.

Thank you all for looking and the C&C.

Back