Another Band Video

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey All,

A few weeks back i did my second music video, I shot, directed and edited the video myself. It was shot in a room with no windows so lighting wasnt easy, luckily the band wanted a dark and dirty video.

Please check it out and let me know what you think :

http://youtu.be/cKB1JDZ2-1Y

Cheers,

Ben

likey
the lighting works and the zoom and motion work for me
for such a small space.
my only issue would be the drummer, it's not quite in time with the track on my playback
also it looks like you've filmed the drummer separately to the backing track but he's just not that into it, and just out of time with the video.
however, that's difficult. the flare effect and the editing I like, also there's no evidence of splitscreens and technical flips (or whatever) which is great for a very in your face sort of track
quite enjoyed the sound track too.
just the drummer for me just seems always catch my attention

nice work

Very nice.

What was your work process? I presume you just shot a few takes, then synced all the different takes up and picked the best clip from a particular take which suited best?

likey
the lighting works and the zoom and motion work for me
for such a small space.
my only issue would be the drummer, it's not quite in time with the track on my playback
also it looks like you've filmed the drummer separately to the backing track but he's just not that into it, and just out of time with the video.
however, that's difficult. the flare effect and the editing I like, also there's no evidence of splitscreens and technical flips (or whatever) which is great for a very in your face sort of track
quite enjoyed the sound track too.
just the drummer for me just seems always catch my attention

nice work

Thanks for the feedback, yeah in some of the shots the drummer is not playing the same bit as on the studio recording, the studio recording normally has little fills put in which sound better, he was saying he is so used to playing it live and that he plays it different that it was hard for him. I did try to disguise it as much as possible, but looking closey you can notice little things. The flare wasnt an effect i put in its the angles that i was filiming at with the light, having a big beast of a light and filing at around f1.8 gives amazing flares! :)

Glad you liked the track too :)

Cheers :)

Very nice.

What was your work process? I presume you just shot a few takes, then synced all the different takes up and picked the best clip from a particular take which suited best?

Thank you :)

Yeah basically i filmed it over and over with the studio recording playing really loud, the intruments were not even plugged in on the video shoot :) I basically film the band a few times from different angles, then do each person separately a few times too. All in all I think I did around 30 takes of the whole song. Long old day, and the song definately gets embedded into your brain!

I then put the studio recording into my timeline and mark bits of footage that I like. Sync everything up and just keep editing with different clips until it looks right correct. On some parts, I film for the exact moment, like the ending, I just filmed that from a few angles and got them to play the last 20 secs of the song. But most of the edit is done ad hoc, using what I think looks good at the time :) I could probably do another edit that looks totally different using the same footage if I really wanted too haha! :)

Again, thank you for your feedback, this is why I love this forum :)

Thanks all...

Thank you :)

Yeah basically i filmed it over and over with the studio recording playing really loud, the intruments were not even plugged in on the video shoot :) I basically film the band a few times from different angles, then do each person separately a few times too. All in all I think I did around 30 takes of the whole song. Long old day, and the song definately gets embedded into your brain!

I then put the studio recording into my timeline and mark bits of footage that I like. Sync everything up and just keep editing with different clips until it looks right correct. On some parts, I film for the exact moment, like the ending, I just filmed that from a few angles and got them to play the last 20 secs of the song. But most of the edit is done ad hoc, using what I think looks good at the time :) I could probably do another edit that looks totally different using the same footage if I really wanted too haha! :)

Again, thank you for your feedback, this is why I love this forum :)

Thanks all...

Thanks for your insightful post! It definitely worked out - subscribed on youtube too. :)

Back