Another Bt

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
I am not sure what the problem is :shrug: but I dont seem to have any enthusiasm of late for any photography. Probably the lack of subject matter is the main reason, also I feel that I am going backwards in the editing department. Maybe a break is as good as a rest :LOL: thanks for looking.

BT-6.jpg

I am not sure what the problem is :shrug: but I dont seem to have any enthusiasm of late for any photography. Probably the lack of subject matter is the main reason, also I feel that I am going backwards in the editing department. Maybe a break is as good as a rest :LOL: thanks for looking.

I know the feeling Rich which is why I too have not posted much of late.
Nice shot of a BT though.

Very nice image (y)
:shrug:Im the same mate i came back from Mull and i still feel i under achieved with what i got. Last few weeks i just can't motivate myself :shake:i feel i have a mental block i just feel i need a new challenge and a new direction with my photography. :thinking:
On the up side im doing a wedding a week on saturday and really looking forward to it i love the addrenlin buzz.:naughty:

We could do with some of us coming up witha weekly challenge or something so we motavate one another

Regards
Richard

Hi Rich,I get like that especially on the photoshop side of things,one step forward,two back,a real pain in the ****, stick at it and when you sort it all out let me know :LOL::LOL:

Hi Rich. I think we all get this feeling sometimes, I know I do. Luckily I do a lot of Macro photography in the summer. Plenty of subjects, a lot easier, not so much effort needed and less stressful. Sometimes I will go for a long walk in the countryside without my camera and I will usually see some birds that will make wish I had brought my camera.
As for Photoshop, try doing something different. Design a poster, website banner or just some abstract work and give the PP side a break for a while.

All the best.
Dai

Lack of subject matter----your joking this is the best time with loads of summer migrants around, loads of birds busy feeding chicks and loads of fledglings now appearing. Get the camera in hand and get out and about.
Dont get me wrong Mark I have never shyed away from work and after being unemployed I am gratefull for a job. This is now the busiest time for us, tis now 03.45 and I shall be out the door very shortly returning about 4.30. Back home and keep her happy with some housework :D then a 150ft garden to keep maintained. Right! that is Mon-Sat covered, let`s hope the weather is good on Sunday :LOL:
What a beauty.
Ta jemima
I know the feeling Rich which is why I too have not posted much of late.
Nice shot of a BT though.
Thanks Donna, I have felt like this before but just not as bad
Very nice image (y)
Im the same mate i came back from Mull and i still feel i under achieved with what i got. Last few weeks i just can't motivate myself :shake:i feel i have a mental block i just feel i need a new challenge and a new direction with my photography. :thinking:
On the up side im doing a wedding a week on saturday and really looking forward to it i love the addrenlin buzz.:naughty:

We could do with some of us coming up witha weekly challenge or something so we motavate one another

Regards
Richard
Cheers Rich, I did a wedding a couple of weeks back and it was a nice change, good idea about the challenge as well (y)
nice, such a classic shot.

Hi Rich,I get like that especially on the photoshop side of things,one step forward,two back,a real pain in the ****, stick at it and when you sort it all out let me know :LOL::LOL:
Cheers Bri
Hi Rich. I think we all get this feeling sometimes, I know I do. Luckily I do a lot of Macro photography in the summer. Plenty of subjects, a lot easier, not so much effort needed and less stressful. Sometimes I will go for a long walk in the countryside without my camera and I will usually see some birds that will make wish I had brought my camera.
As for Photoshop, try doing something different. Design a poster, website banner or just some abstract work and give the PP side a break for a while.

All the best.
Dai

A lot of bloody good you are David :shake: It took me a year to find out how to convert a Raw file, and you want me to design a website :puke: ;)
Yup I know what you mean, I might do a few close up shots.

Lovely photo, the colours looks so natural.
I wish the blue tits and the gsw's would show for me in better light.

Like the pose on this shot Rich. As for motivation, yep, am there at the moment. Had a few days off and plenty of good intentions and places to go, but..... nothing :bang: Perhaps were all suffering from the opposite to SAD (Summer affective disorder) :help: :LOL:
Take a short break from togging then come back at us with a vengance eh :wave:

Like the pose on this shot Rich. As for motivation, yep, am there at the moment. Had a few days off and plenty of good intentions and places to go, but..... nothing :bang: Perhaps were all suffering from the opposite to SAD (Summer affective disorder) :help: :LOL:
Take a short break from togging then come back at us with a vengance eh :wave:

:LOL::LOL: We could make a club out of this Trev, what I should have said in the post was that it was more of a time thing than anything else. I did manage a couple of hours this afternoon for the KF. Again a couple of glimpses as it flashed past, but I do not think it is feeding any young just yet. As mentioned in a previous post, last year was about the middle of this month so who knows, I will keep you informed if it looks good to get yer ass down here :D So this is all I got today :LOL:

IMG_7646.jpg

IMG_7590.jpg

I will keep you informed if it looks good to get yer ass down here

get yer ass down here (y)(y)

Didnt know you were doing IIF shots, insects in flight :naughty: Love the macro though, nice one, almost a bonus for no KF (y)

Nice BT,and i love the macro shots,i suggest a get together somewhere central in the uk so we could all get out and do something,be it birds,or macro stuff,
regards,
john.

Good pose on the BT Rich, but having seen the macro shots - those are excellent captures - just give the birds a break. I think that most have experienced this during our togging time so just try a different style/type of shooting for a while till your bird mojo comes back.

Personally I reckon you have overdosed on Robin shots :D :exit:

Love the BT shot Rich, reminds me of the pole dancer I've just been staring at on Britain's Got Some Talent.

Regarding the editing department, I've just gone over to Lightroom from ACR Bridge, a big difference in all areas.

Last edited:
Rich - what are you like mate??

Nothing wrong technically at all with your BT shot - it's just lacking in contrast and flat as a fart! Look how grey that bird's white bits are. Have you pulled the contrast down too much?

Your probs all along have been with the editing, but I thought you'd cracked that long ago. It's definitely something you're doing in editing of late, and that usually means you're doing too much. ;)

EDIT.

Watch that highlight slider in your raw processor. It's a powerful tool for controlling highlights, but if you drag the highlights too far down you suck all life and contrast out of the shot.

Last edited:
As for lack of motivation I think we all get those periods. I spent 6 hours on Kingfisher vigil a few days ago with no sgn of a KF and precious little else - just one of those days that make you feel your time would be better spent doing something else. As it happened just as I was about tp pack up a Heron did a really close fly by and saved what would have been a fruitless day.

Fear not Rich - your mojo will return. ;)

Thanks all again, good idea John about meeting up. Somewhere wiv a pub seems good :beer: :D No honestly a good idea (y)

Thanks Ced`s, looking back at the original that is where I messed up big time :( Having a custom WB from a previous shoot was the first big No! No! :LOL: Just felt I had to get outside and take a couple of shots to get it out my system, as I had not done any for a while. Noted on the pointers though and will probably bag a couple tomorrow.

It's not one of your best Rich. As allways you can rely on CT to tell you the truth :)

I lost my way a long time back. Too many nice shot comments when I needed real crit did'nt help ;)

Back